Islington MHAP – Team Leader Job at Look Ahead Housing and Care – in Islington
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
£26,000 per annum
plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Islington MHAP – Team Leader
Recruiting for a Team Leader to join our mental health service in Islington.
GBP £26,000 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Islington Mental Health Accommodation Pathway provides support to people living with various mental health conditions and complex needs. The service consists of a 24-hour supported accommodation service, and 3 medium-low supported accommodation services across the borough of Islington. The service provides support with emotional, social, physical & domestic needs. You will be skilled in engaging both customers and stakeholders and have a good understanding of the needs and diversity of this client group. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a therapeutic environment that at times can be challenging and provide quality, evidence-based care and risk management strategies. You will be highly motivated and committed to continuous professional development. You will be committed to supporting customers through their recovery journey and skilled in engaging them with their move-on pathway. You will work flexibly to respond to emerging needs and effectively address the needs of the customer group.
The post holder will be fully involved in all aspects of the day-to-day management of the service, including line managing staff. You will lead in carrying out supervisions, case work management and working with the team to achieve service objectives. You will work closely with the Service Manager to ensure that the service delivers on all targets, both financial and those around the quality of the service. You will be required to work Bank Holidays when necessary.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Lead and motivate your team to ensure the championing of and maintenance of a positive local culture within your service
- Deliver effective supervision and team meetings with staff and ensure that information, reporting and communication
- Responsible for the personal development of staff, identifying high performers and feeding into the organisations succession plans
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) required as part of the Contract are met and recorded correctly
- Collate and update electronic data bases and systems to record and monitor customer files and outcomes
- Coordinate and assess new referrals
- Budget management of petty cash and invoice payments
- Develop key business relationships with all appropriate relevant customers/external partners to ensure service delivery excellence and maximise new business opportunities in own patch
- Participate in and monitor the initial and continuous assessment of needs and ensure that support planning is carried out in line with assessed needs of the customer
- Carry out other administrative tasks as relevant to the service and directed -by the Contract Manager/Heads of Operations
- Deliver an out of hours on-call service for region, where required
- Ensure that all safeguarding cases are managed in line with safeguarding protocols and are reported to Contract Manager/Head of Operations, as appropriate
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times and uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care, Support & Housing plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, networks in local business community
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement.
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised.
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments.
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem.
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication.
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about his/her career and job experiences.
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent Experience building and develop strong professional partnerships with external providers aligned to their specialism
- IT Literate
- Other relevant professional memberships and/or specialist qualifications are desirable
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with Silver in the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Company: Look Ahead Housing and Care –
Company Location: Islington