IT Level 1 Data Center Technician (2nd and 3rd shift) Job at Bell Techlogix in Alpharetta, GA
- Shift Hours:
- 2nd: 3pm – 11pm EST Monday – Friday
- 3rd: 11pm – 7am EST Monday – Friday
- Smart Hands support guided by Level 2/3 Engineer and may include some of the following responsibilities:
- End to end service/application monitoring; assess alerts and take appropriate action to assure alerts are addressed, including ticket creation, assignment to support team and lead incident resolution
- Proactively lead and drive outages to quick service restoration; provide support and leadership for all incidents, especially high priority incidents
- Maintain control, ownership and operational authority of an outage triage during high-pressure situations
- Actively direct and prioritize all aspects of the incident bridge line and chat, with a sense of urgency, to ensure effective resource management and service restoration
- Provide timely and concise updates to incident records and incident
- Ensure appropriate engagement of essential technical support teams/personnel
- Provide updates and escalate to various levels of management according to process
- Compose outage notifications and ensure content is complete, clear, concise and relevant to the audience
- Maintain operational process consistency across IT technologies
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related technical discipline or High School Diploma, G.E.D., or international equivalent to High School Diploma and a minimum of three years of experience in IT Infrastructure support
1-3 years of Data Center experience
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the incumbent occupying this job. The incumbent will be required to follow any other instructions issued by authorized personnel and to perform any other job-related duties as required.
The requirements for this job are subject to change at any time based on company needs.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently.
Ability means not only to possess but also to demonstrate successful application of the required knowledge and skills.
This job description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the job. However, promotion and other employment decisions are also based on the company needs, incumbent being in good standing, fully-competent performance, and other legitimate, job related considerations.
This job description does not create a contact of employment, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is “at will”.
Bell Techlogix is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company: Bell Techlogix
Company Location: Alpharetta, GA