IT Security Spec II Job at BAE Systems in Korea, VA
- working knowledge of networks, firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, vulnerability impact/discovery/remediation, incident response, etc.
- Draft and coordinate incident report as per incident handling life cycle.
- Timely and accurate reporting in accordance with CJ CSI 6510.01 reporting guidelines.
- Provide coordination of significant incidents with USCYBERCOM and supported entities.
- Executing, drafting and editing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Ensure proper analysis is performed to include malware analysis and forensic analysis of the victim computer.
- Correlate multiple network logs to create an accurate picture of the incident for reporting purposes.
- Maintain 8570.01 compliance for IAT level III and CNDSP certifications.
- Knowledge of signature development for various IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems) technologies and Security Information Event Management (SIEM) is a plus.
- Knowledge of various PCAP analysis tools like Wireshark, Ethereal, TCPdump.
- Provide log analysis of multiple security devices both host based and network based.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a current TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Requires 8-12 years relevant work experience.
- Must be able to independently accomplish complex requirements with minimal supervision.
- Requires familiarity with Federal, DoD, and industry information security requirements, standards, and best practices; strong working knowledge of incident response, network architectures, current networking technologies, security requirements and features of networks and applications, and other security issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Must be able to process and analyze information provided by a customer (e.g., needs, goals, mission, existing systems), make assessments, and provide solutions.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
BS in computer related field, plus 5 years computer security experience
CND-SP Analyst or CND-SP Incident Reporter certification
Preferred Skills and Education
Computer forensic imaging
Computer Event Log analysis
MS in Computer Security related field plus 3 years experience computer security
Network certification, e.g. CCNA
MCSE or MCSA certification,
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company.
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an
Company: BAE Systems
Company Location: Korea, VA