IT Service Analyst II Job at Ohio University in Athens, OH
1. Solution Analysis – Analyze moderately complex IT service change (project) requests. Conduct discovery meetings with stakeholders. Perform background research on proposed product or solution. Contact vendor for references and/or discovery. Develop and document the functional and technical requirements working with IT professionals, subject matter experts, and stakeholders. Participate in RFI and RFP processes. Propose technical plans that are aligned with business objectives and technical requirements. Work with IT resource managers and service owners to establish a statement of work with effort estimates and project costs. Summarize and present possible solutions with their associated costs and, based upon the business and technical needs, recommend the optimal choice.
2. Business Analysis and reporting – Gather, analyze, and report on service-related data, including help desk tickets and other forms of monitoring, to inform service owner reporting on service level adherence and other general stakeholder reporting. Provides analysis and recommendations for budget forecasting for OIT services. Conduct in-depth business analysis on medium-sized, moderately complex projects that can include, but is not limited to: SWOT analysis, cost benefit analysis, return on investment, feature/gap analysis, feasibility analysis. Assist service owners and stakeholders with creation of a business case, funding proposal, and documentation of current business processes. Identify business process bottlenecks and research options to improve the process. Develop and document test plans. Assist clients with executing the test plans and obtaining sign-off.
3. Supporting stakeholder and user assessment – Support service owners with the use of tools and practices to assess user and stakeholder feedback for new, existing, and sunsetting service offerings. Analyze and report on findings and make recommendations for service changes.
4. Other Duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience in business analysis, project management, product management, or related fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business analysis concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use in varied situations; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of IT services and technologies.
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
- Experience working on agile teams
- Self-starter who is comfortable under pressure with the ability to execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Experience working with senior-level leadership.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
Company: Ohio University
Company Location: Athens, OH