Janitor Job at Places for People, Inc – 3.9 in St. Louis, MO
Responsible for general cleaning of the agency offices.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
· Performs varied or specific cleaning tasks and assists with the general upkeep as assigned during scheduled work hours approved by the supervisor or designee
· Participates in required trainings to include (but not limited to): Blood and body fluid precautions, HAZMAT data sheet review of cleaning and other chemicals used to perform job duties, safety in the workplace
· Other specific assignments may include but are not limited to: dusting, filling paper towel and toilet paper dispensers, trash removal, lunchroom, and vacuuming
· Bring to the attention of the supervisor any areas of the building that need attention
· Complete yearly training requirements as outlined in DMH regulations.
· Performs other related tasks / jobs as assigned by the supervisor or designee
**To qualify for mopping and trash collection duties: must be able to lift 50 pounds, bend repetitively, climb stairs.
**To qualify for restroom, elevator and general cleaning duties: must be able to bend repetitively.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
Requirements: Follows instructions and safety rules given by supervisor or designee. Interacts with staff, members and guests of Places for People courteously. Able to operate small cleaning equipment. CPR and First aid certifications.
Physical Requirements: Able to lift 25-50 lbs. Able to stand for periods at a time. Bend repeatedly.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.00 – $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Custodial Experience: 1 year (Required)
Company: Places for People, Inc – 3.9
Company Location: St. Louis, MO