Jr. Windows Server Engineer Jobs in Charlotte at Allstate Insurance Company
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Technology organization is looking for a qualified Jr. Windows Server Engineer to join our Infrastructure Services team. The primary responsibility of this role is supporting/assisting in the researching, designing, certifying and implementation of Windows server technology components, solutions and capabilities.
The person successful in this role will have a demonstrated background installing and administering Microsoft Windows server based operating systems platform. Candidate should demonstrate solid understanding of the core windows operating system. The candidate must basic experience with various programming languages with a mindset for solutions for zero touch implementations (i.e. scripting, packaging, etc.), familiarity with data security standards, have an analytical mind to be able to solve simple to moderate issues and enjoys evaluating new technologies.
• Demonstrate solid understanding of the core Windows operating system.
• Executes work independently and effectively with minimal or occasional supervision, guidance and direction
• Ability to work collaboratively with others across organizational and geographical locations.
• Able to document work processes.
• Assist with testing, debugging, performance analysis, and document hardware and software technology components.
• Identify and assist in resolution of simple to moderate incidents.
• Recommend areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed.
• Complete assigned tasks to integrate with other technology components.
• Support with the implementation of new and emerging hardware and software infrastructure.
• Demonstrate experience with various programming languages with a mindset for solutions for zero touch implementations
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; 1-2 years of Windows Server technology related experience (required)
• Working knowledge with one of more scripting languages – PowerShell, Windows Command Script, Visual Basic Script
• Some server, storage, and network knowledge
• Some system administration knowledge
• Industry knowledge to analyze and select hardware and software infrastructure capabilities and solutions
• Working knowledge of network management tools like DNS, DHCP and IP Address management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to …
Job Title: Jr. Windows Server Engineer
Company Name: Allstate Insurance Company
Experince: Less than 5 years
Job Category: Finance & Insurance