Junior Data Analyst – Full Time Job at Glacier Resource Innovation Group in London E1
Glacier Resource Innovation Group provides essential data, analysis and training solutions that enable energy and mining companies to innovate and prosper in fast-changing global markets.
We provide best in class industry intelligence through a global suite of products, including: ERIS, Evaluate Energy and Mining Intelligence. Environmental Risk Information Services (ERIS) provides critical risk and historical information on properties in Canada, the US and Mexico, whilst the Evaluate Energy and Mining Intelligence products provide critical decision-making intelligence to the energy and mining industries including corporate performance benchmarking data, projects, drilling activity, market-level insights, well/asset data, commodity pricing and A&D transaction data for international energy and mining companies. With offices in the UK, Canada, US and India, we provide data and analytics solutions to clients worldwide.
We have a new role for a Junior Data Analyst in London, UK, that can help support and drive our industry leading research efforts. The ideal candidate will deliver an accurate, high quality product with a focus on data management and quality control processes. This is a key role and excellent opportunity where the analyst will be fully integrated from the outset; understanding and providing both data solutions and value-added insights.
- Process Management: Responsible for the daily upkeep and delivery, as well as improvement of data-orientated baseload content. Designing and implementing quality control systems and processes for existing and new data management processes.
- Offshore Data Management: Work with offshore teams to ensure the cleansing and updating of databases to the highest standards. Carry out remote and onsite training to offshore teams. Carry out quality control/assurance of data collected.
- Product Development: Designing and building data pipelines to integrate data into new and existing products and bespoke consultancy requests.
- Communication: Effective communication with an international team and client base to ensure the product and all developments are quality assured and in line with company strategic priorities.
Essential Candidate Criteria
- Numerically literate with exceptional analytical skills, specifically attention to detail, problem solving skills and the ability to apply new information quickly and accurately.
- Ability to research and extract relevant information.
- Ability to deliver outstanding data integrity.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate in a small team environment.
- Proficient in MS Excel; knowledge of running VBA macros.
- Willing to travel internationally 1-2x per year.
- Undergraduate degree essential – minimum 2:2
Desirable Candidate Criteria
- Academic background or experience within numerical or data management-based disciplines.
- Knowledge of the energy, oil & gas or mining industries beneficial. Must be keen to learn about the industries and have a global outlook.
- Experience working with offshore teams.
- Experience using SQL databases, python, FME or other ETL tools.
- Experience using PowerBI, Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire or other BI tools.
- Knowledge of GIS tools (ArcGIS, QGIS).
- Ability to write VBA macros.
Candidates must be able to work unrestricted in the UK.
No agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
Company: Glacier Resource Innovation Group
Company Location: London E1