Junior DevOps Engineer Job at Ikusasa Recruitment Group – in Pretoria, Gauteng
Junior DevOps Engineer
Developing automated solutions for operational aspects such as on-call monitoring, disaster response, while complementing continuously delivery and infrastructure automation. Further, responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring and emergency response.
Experience and Qualifications
· Relevant 3-year IT qualification or equivalent
· LPI certification
· 1 year experience as a Developer, Tester or System Administrator
· 1 year experience in a DevOps environment
· Insurance industry experience (desirable)
· Agile software development practices and tools (Atlassian, JIRA)
· Proficient with technologies used within the business (MMI-specific list)
· Minimum 1 object-oriented and 1 scripting language (PowerShell, Bash, Python)
· Linux / Unix experience
· Online version control systems (Subversion, GitHub, Bitbucket)
· Java application build processes and tools (CI/CD, including Ant, Gradle, Jenkins, and Artifactory)
· Monitoring and alerting tools (Alerta, Selenium, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Elastic Stackt, cloudwatch, cloudtrail, xray)
· Configuration management and containerisation tools (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Docker, Mesos or similar technologies)
· Cloud server environment administration (Amazon Web Services)
· Common data stores, both relational and NoSQL
· Knowledge of IPv4 networking, web protocols and Linux/Unix systems
· Knowledge and experience in microservices or service-oriented architectures (SOA and REST)
Key Skills and Duties
· Responsible for the automation, enablement, availability, performance, monitoring, and incident response, among other things, of the platforms and services that our company runs and owns.
· Continuously improve observability to ensure the uptime and reliability of our applications and infrastructure.
· Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
· Working closely with architects and developers.
· Collaborating with the relevant developer to report, troubleshoot, and repair operational issues and performing and automating software deployments.
· Create / use infrastructure for implementing, administering cloud services and deployments.
· Monitor infrastructure and services to maximise uptime.
· Troubleshoot and help to resolve production issues to ensure systems and devices run smoothly.
· Identify ideas to improve system performance, best practises, cost effectiveness of services and impact availability.
· Work with DevOps Manager and team members to develop accurate work estimates on work packages.
· Liaise with foundation, database and platform Subject Matter Experts to automate installations and enhance the monitoring and maintenance of their disciplines.
· Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
· Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
· Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
· Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders.
· Positively influence and participate in change initiatives.
· Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge.
· Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas.
· Take ownership for driving career development.
· Contribute to the financial planning process within area.
· Identify opportunities to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
· Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect.
· Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R17,000.00 – R37,500.00 per month
Company: Ikusasa Recruitment Group –
Company Location: Pretoria, Gauteng