Junior Java Software Developer Job at hireful in London
Salary: Up to £45K Basic + 10% Bonus + Excellent
Benefits Package (14% pension pot, Private health, etc)
Junior Java Developer sought by Media Broadcaster based in the centre of London, with good experience in Java 8+, Microservices, Spring Boot & any cloud services (GCP or AWS)
This is a hands-on coding & development role in modern, cloud-based Java coding. You’ll want to be mentored by a very
experienced team of circa 5 Java & full-stack React Software Developers & become a valued member of the team.
We are a small team of 5 Java Engineers, within a larger company of circa 70, who in-turn are owned by 2 household names in the media sector. Funding to drive the platform forward & in these uncertain times will not be an issue.
Office culture is incredibly relaxed. We are in the media sector, so jeans, t-shirts & trainers are office dress code really.
Flexible working & work from home are “the norm” & as long as you can collaborate, commit code & be on-line with your team, then we really don’t mind where you work (Being in for brainstorming, End of sprints, Jira ticket sorting, etc is beneficial though!)
Technology stack is below. If you have a good amount of experience in most of it, then that would be excellent.
To be completely honest though – if you have strong Java coding skills, solid core software engineering principles & a real passion for your coding craft,
we really don’t mind what frameworks or technologies you have wider experience in.
Please give me a call or pop over your CV, or Git profile here to me so we can start a conversation about this.
The main stuff we use:
- Java 8 for maintenance on current features. Java 11 for new feature development (We have a lot!)
- Spring Boot framework with Microservices architecture.
- Google Cloud Platform (Not AWS, but we’d absolutely consider any Cloud platform experience). We do like GCP though & think it’s very good – come see what we mean.
- Kubernetes Cluster / orchestration. Docker for containers.
- We do get hands on with a lot of complex API’s, so any event-driven architecture using Pub/Sub or message brokers
knowledge is good.
Keyword stuff: Java Developer, Junior Java Developer, Java Software Engineer, Google Cloud platform, GCP, Kubernetes, Java 11, Java
8, Spring Boot, Microservices, AWS, Docker, London.
Company Location: London