Labourer Public Works Job at in Bankstown NSW
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Post Date: 18/11/2020
Labourer Public Works
Permanent Full Time Opportunity
Located in the city of Canterbury/Bankstown
Flexible work practices
We currently have an opportunity for a Labourer-Public Works to join the Roads team at Canterbury/Bankstown Council. (2 positions available)
The primary purpose of this position is to work on various civil assets conducting maintenance and project related tasks under the guidance of the leading hand.
The starting Salary for this role commences at $50,699 (Grade A, Step 1)
The main duties for this role will include;
- Carry out road construction and maintenance labouring duties
- Carry out footpath, kerb & gutter construction and maintenance labouring duties
- Carry out drainage construction and maintenance labouring
- Operating basic plant and machinery
- Removal of rubbish and debris from CB City’s assets
- Cleaning up at the completion of the job
- For a full list of responsibilities please refer to the Position Description
Essential Qualifications and Experience for this role;
- Work Cover OH&S general induction certificate for construction works.
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated ability in concrete works
- Demonstrated experience in laying of Asphalt.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general civil construction works
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Located in the Canterbury/Bankstown location
- Flexible work practices (opportunity to earn additional time off)
- Access to health and wellbeing programs
- Access to further training and development
- Work for an award winning organisation that will truly value your input
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online by clicking the ‘Apply’ button below and creating a login using your email address. Please provide a current CV and a covering letter addressing each of the Essential Criteria listed above.
Applications close at 11.59pm, Wednesday 2 December 2020.
For more information, please contact Richard Scholz (Coordinator Roads) on 0409 554 303.
Please note: Successful applicants may be required to undertake a Criminal History Check, Medical and/or Working with Children check in accordance with the position.
Canterbury Bankstown Council prides itself on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Click on the link below to access salary information for all steps within the designated Grade:
Company Location: Bankstown NSW