Lead Game Designer – Alexa Games Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
Do you love games? Do you like working in a startup environment? Do you want to be on the cutting edge of voice-first games and entertainment? Join us, and you’ll have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology, including Alexa, Fire TV, AWS, and more, to shape the future of games.
The Alexa team is seeking a creative, lead game designer to join our fast-paced games team. In this role, you will be focused on designing fantastic, immersive games and entertainment. You’ll get to work on the latest Amazon devices and craft compelling and memorable experiences for customers around the world.
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving technical and creative problems that haven’t been solved before. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams within Amazon. You will gain an understanding of how Alexa operates and help establish an entirely new category for gaming. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and help make a positive impact on millions of customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define, detail, and supervise a world-class game experience that is played on Amazon and Alexa devices
- Communicate the creative direction across the team
- Pitch innovative new game ideas to upper management; represent your team and project to other teams within Amazon
- Work with engineers and artists to refine workflows and improve tooling
- Work with marketing, PR, and device teams to ensure creative alignment
- Mentor other game designersBasic Qualifications
- 7+ years of leadership experience in the game industry (or other relevant industry): you’re a proven creative leader with a vision for the future of games and entertainment
- Experience creating end-to-end game experiences from the concept stage to final
- Effective cross-discipline communication. You have proven experience communicating with a diverse team of experts (e.g., engineering, art, design, marketing, etc.)
- A deep passion for the future of game experiences, plus in-depth knowledge of game theory and design best practices
- A portfolio that demonstrates process and capabilities in crafting compelling gameplay
- BA, technical degree, or equivalent work experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company Location: Seattle, WA