Legislative Advisor Job at The City of Spruce Grove – in Spruce Grove, AB
Rc 2021 0021
Temporary Full Time
Division – Department:
Corporate Services – City Clerk’s Office
Open until suitable candidate found
$68,497.00 – $84,614.00/Year
The term of this temporary full time position is from April 2021 to December 23, 2021
The position is responsible for the City’s legislative process including, administration of the Council Governance Process for all Council and Committee of the Whole Meetings. The incumbent will participate in bylaw and policy reviews, and municipal elections. They will support the City Clerk’s Office in providing leadership, advice, and training to administration with regard to the municipal policy and legislative framework. This position reports to the City Clerk.
As part of the departmental team and under the direction of the City Clerk:
- Coordination and preparation of Council and Committee of the Whole Meeting Agendas.
- Administer the electronic meeting management process.
- Perform Recording Secretary duties for Council and Committee of the Whole Meetings.
- Prepare and distribute Council and Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes.
- Maintain Council Chambers and collaborate with Information Services to ensure all audio visual and electronic systems are kept in a serviceable condition.
- Liaise with delegations providing presentations to Council.
- Respond to questions from Administration and the public with respect to the legislative process and the provision of information.
- Participate in council agenda preparation.
- Participate in the orderly conduct of business through the legislative process.
- Participate in the development of project plans, arrange and facilitate various meetings, prepare meeting materials, write and prepare reports as required.
- Assist with the review all city policies and procedures prior to approval to ensure cross-organizational consistency and compliance with established standards for grammar and formatting.
- Facilitate activities for the bylaw and policy reviews by communicating with employees across the organization at various levels.
- Provide research, analysis, and briefing support for Council and administration dealing with issues as they relate to the City Clerk’s Office.
- Review other relevant external policy direction as they relate to the business of the City Clerk’s Office and share information or provide recommendations for action as required.
- Support the City Clerk’s Office in ensuring municipal elections are planned and implemented in accordance with the Local Authorities Election Act and City legislation.
- Post-secondary Degree in Business Administration, Political Science or equivalent.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years related experience.
- Knowledge of Municipal Government Act, Local Authorities Act and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act required
If you require assistance applying to this job, please contact our support staff and refer to job number: J0321-1546.
Website Position Description – Legislative Advisor…
Company: The City of Spruce Grove –
Company Location: Spruce Grove, AB