Lifeguard (Unqualified) Job at Kirklees Active Leisure – in Huddersfield
Are you looking to join a fun and engaging environment with superb career opportunities?
We have various contracts available at the below sites: (for more details on the rotas please look under the ‘Documents’ section- applicants MUST be able to work one of the available rotas)*
Batley Sports and Tennis Centre*
Batley Baths and Recreation Centre (Female Only)*
The Stadium Health and Fitness Centre*
Dewsbury Sports Centre*
Spen Valley Leisure Centre*
These contracts will include evenings and/or weekends and will not be suitable for those age 16, in compulsory education who require a work permit.
Kirklees Active Leisure are currently recruiting for new full time and part time staff and are offering to put a small number of individuals through the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification during the next two months.
If you are interested in a career within leisure, this could be the first step on the ladder for you.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about delivering an experience which is second to none and who always have the customer at the heart of all they do. Once qualified you will take responsibility for the health and safety of our customers and ensure that all our poolside activities run effectively.
We currently have posts available across our facilities.
If you are willing, you will also be trained in other frontline areas to help take you to the next step up in your career at KAL.
The main purpose of the Lifeguard role is to: *
- Ensure effective supervision and safety of swimmers and other customers
- Assist with the setting up, removal and maintenance of sports equipment
- Ensure our high cleanliness standards are maintained
- Ensure our customers receive a customer experience which is second to none
To be successful in this role you will have: *
- A willingness to gain the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification within the first two months of employment
- A willingness to undertake ongoing training and development
- A willingness to cover additional hours when needed
Flexibility is required; specific shift patterns may include, for example, ‘earlies’ (6am-3pm), ‘lates’ (3pm-11.00pm) and Mids (11am-8pm).
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity for a career in the leisure industry. Through a structured development plan, we will provide you with the skills to succeed and move up the career ladder quickly, if you are willing to learn and develop. An example of one of our career paths would be taking your first step in your management career progressing from Lifeguard to Team Leader.
We can also provide you with a great package of benefits through our Staff and Family Membership scheme, which provides virtually free facilities for you and a greatly discounted rate for some of your family. Plus, we also have a great discount website which can save you and your family loads of money too!
We have a generous annual leave entitlement and can offer an excellent pension scheme (West Yorkshire Pension Fund). We also like to have fun and celebrate our successes as often as we can.
We have the below swim tests available: *
Thursday 5th May – 13:00pm at Huddersfield Leisure Centre*
Saturday 21st May – 12:30pm at Huddersfield Leisure Centre*
Friday 27th May- 14:30pm *at Huddersfield Leisure Centre
To book on a swim test (details attached under the ‘Documents’ section) please email [email protected]*
For more information on this role, or to apply, please click ‘Apply Now’.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,328.00 per year
Company: Kirklees Active Leisure –
Company Location: Huddersfield