Logistician Job at Bowhead / UIC Technical Services in Crane, Indiana
Bowhead seeks a Logistician to join our team at the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division in Crane, IN. The Logistician will provide support for various systems, set up Project Plans and monitor the ERP system as needed.
Essential functions will include:
• Systems supported include: APG-73, ALQ-162, APS-115, APS-130, SPS-55, USC-38, ALQ-126B, SPQ-9B, MK-74, SPS-49, SLQ-32, NULKA, SPS-48, UYK-44 and AEGIS.
• Setting up SWMS Project Plans for the current workload which entails linking the NSN and procurement code to the correct Process Library, entering the workload requirements, NWAs and shop cost.
• Monitoring ERP for asset availability and induct assets for repair as needed as well as following up on induction requests to make sure assets are received in a timely manner.
• Resolving ERP discrepancies as needed.
• Scheduling and releasing shop orders in SWMS with the correct Project Plan and procurement code.
• Preparing turn-ins and deliver them to MMG to pick up assets for return to Supply.
• Closing shop orders in SWMS.
• Monitoring workload progress and reporting problems to shop supervisor.
• Setting up Due-ins in SWMS for contractual delivery schedule of assets that are due in to Crane for acceptance test on major repair contracts.
• Setting up Due Outs in SWMS for assets that are being sent to vendors for major repair against a contract.
• Coordinating shipment(s) of major repair candidates to vendors as needed.
• Entering contract deliveries in SWMS and coordinating the shipment(s) of non-acceptance and warranty returns to vendors.
• Preparing and submitting a monthly DMISA Report to NAVSUP Philly.
• Tracking shop inventory, ensuring SWMS shop orders agrees with assets in the shop and resolving discrepancies as needed.
• Completing monthly PBLO Production Reports as well as weekly and monthly WXPS Production Reports for Manager.
• Prior experience supporting NSWC Crane is desired
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
Company: Bowhead / UIC Technical Services
Company Location: Crane, Indiana