Logistics Systems Specialist Jobs in Charleston, SC at Daimler AG
Title: Logistics Systems Specialist
Company: Daimler AG
Location: Charleston, SC
Salary: $80K – $100K*
Category: Manufacturing & Automotive
Shape the future today.
The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes-Benz Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark game-changing concepts.
You will manage a concept that allows for appropriate levels of materials and stock supplies and support Material Handling on the shop floor. You will also reduce processing time and manpower requirements by stabilizing and optimizing the process of receiving goods, storage and delivery.
– Plans and implements together with MBV IT Department new technology and improvements to existing systems to support logistics processes
– Interfaces with MBV IT Department in launch and revision of IT systems
– May evaluate internal and external system alternatives or applications
– Plans/coordinates the implementation of new system functionality incl. required trainings
– Interfaces with end users throughout each project and during operations to provide training, assess improvements, and track effectiveness using KPIs
– Analyzes impacts to changes in market packaging or logistics processes and assesses their viability
– Analyzes and develops logistics plans that affect production, warehousing, and inventory
– Reviews procedures for material handling and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize costs
– Prepares presentations for management explaining complex problems and timing associated with each topic
– Develops and implements logistics standards, methods, and processes
– Analyzes complex issues and implements solutions
– Provides guidance to less experienced specialists
– Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Engineering, Information Technology or other related fields of study
– 5 years of relevant professional experience within a manufacturing setting
– Extensive knowledge/experience in planning and implementing internal logistics IT systems
– Ability to travel by air and/or car on short notice within the US and abroad, including weekends
– Ability to work during scheduled work hours, as well as overtime, including weekends
– Highly motivated self-starter; Team oriented; outstanding planning and proactive skills
– Knowledge of the German and/or Spanish Language is a plus
We are all in for change. Are you too? Apply now.
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that produces Sprinter vans for the U.S. and Canadian market und…