Logistics Worker Job in Toronto, ON at Polycultural Immigrant and Community Services –
Position Title Logistics Worker
Organization Structure Reports to the Program Coordinator – Logistics
Job classification RAP Logistics
Job Status Full Time
Location POE Hotel(s)
Wage $24.11/hour for 40hrs Per Week
This is a Bargaining Unit Position
The Logistics Worker is responsible for providing immediate and essential services to Government Assisted Refugees from various ethnic groups including temporary accommodation, food, supplies, transportation, and incidentals. Logistics worker is expected to work cooperatively with others; demonstrate flexibility in organizing work; strong conflict resolution skills; show a high degree of initiative, discernment, and resourcefulness; must have excellent communication skills, and demonstrate thoughtfulness in decision-making.
- Deliver logistics support to all clients at the Port of Entry (POE) hotel and other teams
- Make sure that the facilities are prepared for clients’ arrivals
- Provide registration and orientation to new arrivals on the facilities, services and hotel rules
- Responsible for timely communication with contractors about new arrivals, issues, and changes needed
- Handle check-ins and checkouts and submit updates to the supervisor
- Arrange transportation and keep an accurate record of orders
- Distribute incidentals by following the established procedures
- Distribute technology loans, keep an accurate record and provide digital sessions and coaching
- Distribute necessities and donated items
- Communicate with clients to address questions and concerns
- Prepare clients for moving to the final destination including informing them about the time, date, and means of transportation
- Communicate with other POE staff and RAP centers to support clients in transit or final destination
- Keep an up-to-date and accurate record on arrivals, services provided, inventory, shipments, donations
- Resolve problems and address complaints by working closely with clients, vendors, and delivery companies
- Provide accurate reporting to supervisor
· Must meet targets set by Program Coordinator
· Acknowledge client needs with respect and empathy
- Actively participate in the professional development initiatives
- Must be willing and able to work on flexible schedules, as-needed basis, evenings/weekends/nights
- Perform other operational duties assigned
Changes behavioral style or method of approach when necessary to achieve a goal; adjusts style as appropriate to the needs of the situation. Responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
Using a variety of communication styles and strategies to foster open communication, the exchange of information and discussion on an ongoing basis
Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for the quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create an environment that supports and embraces diversity
Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities. Plans for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
Demonstrates strong commitment to meeting the needs of co-workers, managers, clients, or community members, striving to ensure their full satisfaction
- A degree/diploma in Hospitality, Logistics, Sales, or related field or a combination of experience and education that fulfills the requirements
- Three years’ experience working with immigrant communities
- Second language is an asset (French, Arabic, Swahili, Farsi, Dari, Pashto, Spanish)
- Language proficiency certificate identifying the fluency of English and target language skills (for ATIO members present the certificate of membership)
- Successful completion of Polycultural’s orientation training on interpretation
- Knowledge of settlement and resettlement services
- Familiarity with issues facing newcomers/refugees
- Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural, written, and verbal communication skills
- Valid G license is required, with access to a vehicle and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift 30-40 kgs
· A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check (completed when an offer is made)
To apply, click on link below, on or before Tuesday, November 25, 2022:
Polycultural reserves the right to post internally and externally.
In support of persons with disabilities, Polycultural asks job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, to please advise Human Resources, if contacted for an interview/testing, so that suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards). If you require assistance in sending your resume due to a disability, please contact Human Resources directly.
We thank everyone for their interest in Polycultural; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Polycultural Immigrant & Community Services hires based on merit and is committed to employment equity.
No Phone calls please
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.11 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Will you able to life 30-40lbs?
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Immigrant communities: 3 years (preferred)
- French, Arabic, Swahili, Farsi, Dari, Pashto, Spanish (preferred)
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Polycultural Immigrant and Community Services –
Company Location: Toronto, ON