Manager 2, Manufacturing Engineering-Mechanical Design & Fabrication Jobs in Baltimore, MD at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Title: Manager 2, Manufacturing Engineering-Mechanical Design & Fabrication
Company: Northrop Grumman Corporation
Location: Baltimore, MD
Salary: $150K – $200K*
Category: Aerospace & Defense
Northrop Grumman’s Mission Systems Manufacturing Organizationis seeking aManager 2, Manufacturing Engineeringto join theOperations Engineering Leadership Team.
TheManufacturing Engineering Managerwill have functional management responsibilities for approximately 20 professionals, initially focused on leading a team of Manufacturing Process Engineers who support the Fabrication and Integration of Mechanical Assemblies in the Mechanical Design & Fabrication Cell (MD&F). Ideally the Manufacturing Engineering Manager will have experience in a manufacturing facility where various additive manufacturing, and machining processes such as CNC machining, EDM, Brazing, Heat Treat and CMM are monitored and improved upon.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Personnel management duties including supporting career development, employee engagement, time approval, staffing, yearly reviews, and all other related activities.
– Oversight of direct reports’ work on various projects developing or maintaining machine tool equipment and machine shop processes within the MD&F Cell, providing superior overall customer satisfaction in all cases.
– Serve as the process owner for additive metal and polymer manufacturing, machining methods, vacuum brazing and heat treat process. Support Manufacturing Process development, including all aspects of producibility, affordability, quality, technology roadmaps, and related activities.
– Brief upper management, project management, and customers as required on machining process technology, product issue resolution, personnel development plans and status, organization issues/progress, etc.
– Collaborate with manufacturing team members to ensure clarity of quotations and deliverables as well as promote knowledge transfer.
– Work with area management, subject matter experts, suppliers, etc. (as required) to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot and solve issues related to the machined assemblies.
– Support the planning, coordinating of capital equipment and process development projects; financial budgets.
The chosen candidate will be a well-organized, enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal and written communication skills and a passion for people, innovation, and for excellence. She/he will also have the ability to communicate effectively with multiple disciplines to solve complex issues.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, pleaseview our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video:
This job is also posted as an M3 (req 20014283). Only one candidate will be hired between the two reqs. The level will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
*Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience (or 6 years with a Master’s degree), including experience in engineering
*At least 2 years of experience managing or leading people or projects
*Ability to lead the quoting process for mechanical products
*Familiarity and understanding of GD&T standards and hands on application; ability to utilize CAD/CAM data for graphical product/process descriptions and presentations
*Demonstrated intermediate experience with project management tools and methods such as Microsoft Project (or equivalent)
*Experience managing project schedules, earned value and budgetary spending
*Demonstrated intermediate skills using Microsoft Excel and M…
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Corporation is an American global aerospace and defense technology company formed by Northrops 1994 purchase of Grumman. The company was named as the fifth-largest defense contractor in the world in 2015. Northrop Grumman employs over 68,000 people worldwide. It reported revenues of $23.526 billion in 2015. Northrop Grumman ranks No. 124 on the 2015 Fortune 500 list of Americas largest corporations and ranks in the top ten military-friendly employers. It is headquartered in West Falls Church, Virginia.