Manager, Community Development Nordics & Germany M/F Job at Ubisoft in Malmö
Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to moments of surprise, fun and adventure that also allow the player to learn and discover themselves.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to collaborate and evolve with passionate and pioneering teams in their field, all over the world. You will progress in a kind and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will fascinate our players.
Ubisoft is currently seeking a full-time Manager to supervise Community Developers based primaly in Ubisoft Massive, Sweden as well as Ubisoft BlueByte, Gemany & Redlynx, Finland. The position is based in Massive and will require frequent travels to the other studios.
The Community Development Manager provides a strong connection between the gaming community and various internal Ubisoft teams, managing key aspects of communication, asset development and working to improve and expand the game experience. This position will work with multiple departments worldwide and reports to the Associate Director, Community Development.
Candidates for this position should have a thorough understanding of contemporary gaming genres and platforms, including fluency with games-as-a-service practices and production/business models. The ideal candidate is a creative and passionate gamer, comfortable with online communities and social media, with excellent communication skills, and the drive to coach team members to achieve excellence.
- Play a key-role within the global community management team at Ubisoft, to drive the strategic vision of player engagement plans.
- Manage a team of 7 Community Developers responsible for the engagement strategies across a variety of titles.
- Build, drive & track overall Studio Community Budget
- Act as liaison towards Executive Producers, Live Producers and Brand Directors to ensure Dev Team needs are being met by Community teams
- Help & train team members to be the face & voice of the Studio towards game-communities.
- Help production teams gather community needs & feedback early in production cycle, through Studio workshops between Developers & Players, and by providing developers with Community Feedback.
- Partner with production-teams to understand product designs, and provide feedback on features & tools that drive community/social/viral engagement.
- Organize and drive consistency in team communication, both internally & externally,
- Contribute to the establishment of global best practices/workflows
- Connect & enrich the Community Developers activity with supporting transversal community teams.
- Ensure Community Developers & Community Managers are well connected with the Production teams they support
- Support & strengthen team’s operational excellence, and mentor team-members towards continuous growth.
- 5+ years experience working in community management, social media, online marketing, and/or user experience roles
- 3+ years experience in a professional game development or publishing environment, preferably working on service-based games
- Excellent leadership skills and proven expertise managing teams in diverse locations and dynamic environments
- Proven track record of building relationships and consensus while navigating multi-national/cultural organizations
- Strong understanding of content management systems and social media channels/platforms/services, mechanics and trends (a.o. Discord, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube Facebook, Twitter)
- Strong organizational, project management, and cross-functional coordination skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to create quality documentation for internal and external audiences
- A passion for gaming and personal experience as an active member of online gaming communities are significant plusses
- Fluency in English
- International travel required
Company Location: Malmö