Manager, EU TOM Job at Amazon EU SarL (GBP) in United Kingdom
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or 2+ years experience in Amazon with education in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration, or a similar related discipline.
- Be able to effectively lead and manage a team
- Be experienced in managing large projects in the supply chain, operations or transportation environment.
- Have a flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
- Be used to operating at all levels of the organization.
- Have excellent communication and business writting skills – result orientated and tenacious.
- Have the credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
- Have a demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation.
EU ATS is a high-powered dynamic team which is shaping the middle-mile trans planning and execution, and developing and applying innovative transportation management concepts to improve and enhance the Amazon Transportation network to ultimately drive the best customer experience in a reliable and cost-efficient manner, every time. EU ATS TOM (Transportation Operations Management) team is looking for a Manager, Program Management with strong delivery record, analytical skills and ability to lead a team of Program Managers to drive new projects and technology for EU FCs and SCs.
About the role
TOM team focuses on managing the yard activities in the Fulfillment centers and Sort centers across EU. This team is the interface between Amazon sites and the Supply Chain/Trans organizations. You will be leading a team of Program Managers and analyst to develop and manage new initiatives and projects for the EU network. To be successful in this role, you need strong business acumen and analytical skills allowing the data to lead to a better understanding of how we can improve the yard processes. Also, key is the ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams and effectively communicate to various levels of management internal and external to Amazon.
- Lead a team of Program Managers, Project Managers and Analyst across different countries in Europe.
- Develop the project scoping, plan and decide on the key success criteria to execute the project across different locations
- Analyze the financial impact of projects in short and long term and manage the cost budgeting to execute the projects
- Coordinate with the tech, product and operations team from NA and EU to brainstorm the ideas and drive the projects
- Provide an in-depth details on the root cause analysis and support business change through an effective change management processes within the fast-paced environment.
- Lead the team to drive the continuous improvement management with partners, as well as development of SOPs, ensuring Amazon’s requirements, guidelines and policies are communicated and executed by partners.
- Manage the project execution in partnership with the TOM Operations team and the stakeholders to ensure the delivery of objectives.
- Engage with internal and external business teams and stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve performance and service.
- Lean, 5S and Kaizen experience
- Masters in Logistics, Transportation or related field
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
Company: Amazon EU SarL (GBP)
Company Location: United Kingdom