Manager, Global Apparel Design (outdoor) Job at Vf International – in Mendrisio, TI
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
To learn more about Timberland, and share in our mission to step outside, work together and make it better, visit one of our stores, www.timberland.com or follow us
Let’s talk about the role!
- As part of the Product Creation team at Timberland, drive outdoor lifestyle apparel concepts while ensuring alignment with the brand seasonal direction and the global business needs.
- Support and enable the Design Director’s vision throughout the design process.
- Apply true leadership and design skills to guide the team in creating product that meets expectations in terms of value (i.e.: style, details, fit) and cost.
- Build credibility for the design team by constantly interacting with team-members accountable on the same category (i.e.: Development and Merchandising).
- Conceptualize and create apparel that meets relevant trends and leverages the brand DNA of Style, Performance and Green where applicable. Ensure design practicality to meet global business needs.
- Ensure the team delivers against the seasonal calendar milestones and product timelines
- Work in close partnership with Development Managers, PM and Global Merch
- Monitor product development to ensure style, fit, quality, detail requirements are addressed
- Support the Director in the conceptualization of seasonal stories and strategy
- Address Target consumer, wearing occasions, market opportunities
- Drive Materials selection with Material specialists, Developers, Designers
- Join Materials selection with Material specialists and Development Managers
- Color application and roll out with Color specialists and Design Director
- Review of technical CAD drawings
- Enable team to meet expectations on accuracy and on-time delivery along product calendar
- Drive agile decision making on prototype review and revision
- Internal and external line presentations
- Be an engaged and committed team-mate, Be a facilitator in negotiations
How You’ll Make A Difference…
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or (equivalent) in Apparel or Consumer Product Design
- Experience: 8-10 years of Apparel Product Design with similar brand(s) or organization(s)
- Languages: Fluent English essential; additional language is a plus.
- Timberland Purpose Ambassador
- Proficiency in 3D Product Creation Software eg: Browswear, CLO.
- Demonstrated strength in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Email (Outlook)
- In-Design, Keynote, Excel and Word.
- Ability to priorities multiple tasks in a fast environment and the flexibility to manage and adapt to change.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team that supports Project Management and Development.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent Presentation Skills.
What’s in It for You?
Along with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits program, we offer a flexible, casual work setting, up to eight weeks of paid parental leave, 40 hours of paid community service and generous employee discounts on all our amazing VF brands. And it’s not just our products which set us apart from others, it’s our people! We believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of comprehensive benefits, we offer much more:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries;
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do;
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
Location: Mendrisio, Switzerland
Application URL: w3.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZnJhbmNlc2NhbWFnbmkuMTQ5MDcuMTExMTRAdmZjLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
Company: Vf International –
Company Location: Mendrisio, TI