Manager IT Network Job at Paradigm in Tampa, FL
Paradigm is seeking a Manager IT Network to join our growing team in Tamps, FL!
The IT Network Manager position is responsible for overseeing the enterprise network environment and all related technologies within Paradigm. This position is responsible for the development and management of the enterprise LAN, WAN, VOIP, VPN, and ISP’s. This position will manage and coordinate these activities to create a seamless networking services experience for Paradigm. The IT Network Manager is a direct report to the Director of IT Infrastructure & Operations for Paradigm’s Information Technology Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the Paradigm IT Network team
- Personnel / salary reviews and approvals
- Performs annual reviews for all direct reports
- Develops and implements career paths which includes training and certifications for personnel
- Provides direction and coaching for the group staff
- Develops training and continuous improvement programs for the group staff
- Responsible for all Paradigm network equipment and technology including standards, design, refresh, and documentation.
- Ensures these devices are managed in terms of asset management and monitored proactively
- Responsible for negotiations, implementation, and management all software and hardware Service Level Agreements
- Ensures all support contracts, service level agreements and vendor contracts are properly negotiated budgeted, executed, and managed
- Assess and approves all end user technology hardware and software standards for Paradigm
- Works with other groups within the IT Department and across the company to make sure our network technology offering meets all customer needs
- Develops and maintains technical documentation for the enterprise network
- Gathers and implements new customer requirements in a manner that allows for growth and scale
- Ensures all network equipment is kept as proper software version and security patch levels
- Effectively manages Network team projects
- Work with cross functional teams to develop and track network project deliverables using tools such as project schedules, status reports, resource plans, issues/risks and mitigation plans
- Effectively manages Network team budget and renewals
- Acts as escalation point for all network infrastructure issues
- Ensure Paradigm’s IT Security Standards are met:
- Responsible for complying with Paradigm IT security requirement and policies
- Responsible for safeguarding Paradigm or Paradigm related IT passwords
- Responsible for notification of IT security incidents per Policy No. 255 Info Security Incident Management
- Identifies and resolves security issues
- Ensure team members have the minimum level of IT access required to effectively complete their job
- Ensure team members understand, trained, and comply with Paradigm’s security requirements & policies
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of IT management experience in a mid to large size organization.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in IT Networking.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certifications desired.
- ITIL Foundation certification desired.
- Strong Cisco Networking Technology – switches, routers, wireless, VPN
- Strong Azure Network Technology
- Experience managing and implementing firewall technology
- Cross team knowledge: End user computing, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Hyper-V
- Proven track record managing Senior Network engineers
- Experience working with a technically diverse team
- IT asset lifecycle management
- Strong organizational skills and very detail oriented
- Strong mentor and leadership skills
- Innovative and results orientated
- Works well and collaborates with others
- Ability to diagnose issues with complex systems and quickly provide guidance
- Strong vendor management
- Supervisory principles, practices and techniques (based on assignment).
- Practices and methods of coaching and leading the work of others.
- Techniques and methods for organizing, prioritizing, assigning and monitoring work.
- Principles and practices of information technology management.
- Business methods, principles and practices.
- Project management principles and practices.
- Principles and practices of program administration, coordination and management.
- Best practices, trends and emerging technologies.
- Principles and methods of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Principles and applications of critical thinking and analysis.
- Principles and practices of budget development and administration.
- Principles and practices of procurement.
- Principles and practices of group facilitation and building consensus.
- Principles and practices of conflict resolution.
- Applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations (based on assignment).
- Customer service principles.
- Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
- Modern office technology.
- Supervising and evaluating staff performance (based on assignment).
- Training and coaching staff.
- Overseeing the implementation and adherence to quality assurance and standards.
- Providing project/program management, organization and logistics coordination.
- Interpreting, monitoring and reporting financial information and statistics.
- Managing budgets and allocating resources to achieve strategic objectives.
- Providing consultation and serving as a department liaison.
- Monitoring compliance with applicable plans, standards, regulations and contracts.
- Facilitating group discussions and building consensus using persuasive reasoning.
- Identifying technology-related deficiencies and implementing solutions.
- Researching industry trends, solutions and best practices.
- Reading, analyzing, evaluating, interpreting and summarizing written materials and statistical data.
- Exercising political acumen, tact and diplomacy.
- Managing and overseeing technology projects, programs, processes and functional operations.
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards (based on assignment).
- Providing customer service.
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Activities – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Weight Lifted/Force Exerted – The employee’s job occasionally requires weight to be lifted or force exerted up to 50 pounds.
- Vision Requirements – Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Environment Conditions – Office environment with office level ambient noise and conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee does not work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, endure outdoor weather conditions or endure extreme cold or heat (non-weather).
- Noise Level – Will be low to moderate noise found in typical office environments.
Company Location: Tampa, FL