Manager of Internal Controls Job at LeafGuard in Perth Amboy, New Jersey 08861
Protects organization assets by planning and completing audits; recommending improvements in operating policies and practices; managing staff.
* Accomplishes internal audit human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves internal audit operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets internal audit financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Plans audits by preparing an annual internal audit plan; obtaining approval from Board; collaborating with operations managers to identify and set risk priorities; establishing audit schedules; setting audit and test standards.
* Evaluates adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls by reviewing examination and analysis of records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
* Verifies assets and liabilities by reviewing item inspection and documentation.
* Evaluates audit work papers and memoranda by reviewing audit tests and findings.
* Communicates audit progress and findings by providing reports to operations management.
* Improves controls by recommending changes in operational, financial, and EDP policies and practices.
* Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
* Provides internal control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Protects organization’s reputation by keeping information confidential.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Audit, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information , Operations Research, Process Improvement, Reporting Research Results, Managing Processes, Promoting Process Improvement, Managerial Courage, Perspective
Company Location: Perth Amboy, New Jersey 08861