Managing Editor Job at Stand Together in Arlington, VA
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Categories: Donor Communications
Req ID: 4717
Stand Together is seeking a Managing Editor who will oversee the day-to-day operations of our Donor Communications & Marketing team. As our Managing Editor, you will support a team of talented writers and content specialists in fine-tuning their products – taking them from good to great. You will work with colleagues across the team, organization, and Stand Together community to ensure that deadlines are met and content going out the door is top-notch quality in line with our vision and brand and effectively increases donor engagement and inspires partners to take action.
Every day you will manage the production schedule – and you know there is more to managing production than setting deadlines – that to thrive in a role like this, you need to know the vision and strategy, your team’s capabilities, the workload, and what can be done in the allotted time with excellence to allocate resources to their best use. You find fulfillment in understanding the big picture, bringing all the moving pieces together and helping writers stay focused on applying their creative skills to the projects in front of them.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Oversee production pipeline and execution across channels and teams
- Manage a team of writers; working with them to develop and assign projects that build on their areas of specialization, while maintaining excellence in content delivery across the team
- Partner with email, web, and print content channel owners to track key metrics to benchmark and improve Stand Together’s engagement and brand positioning; identify and assess opportunities suggested by data when adapting strategy
- Edit a variety of content including partnership proposals, marketing and campaign collateral, email and print correspondence, and stewardship reports ensuring all products reflect organizational brand, voice, and messaging
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Commitment to the
- 5+ years’ experience as an editor in news or communications roles
- 2+ years’ experience leading a team with a proven ability to develop talent
- Impeccable editing ability, knowledge of grammar, and attention to detail
- Track record of managing multiple time-sensitive projects at once while adapting quickly to new information and incorporating into end products
- Proven ability to edit for a variety of print, online, and visual media
- Experience taking initiative, working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high degree accuracy
- Resourceful, effective, and persistent problem-solver adept in collaborating across multiple internal teams and stakeholders, meeting deadlines, executing gracefully under pressure, and exercising good judgement
- Bachelor’s degree is required
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience in a fundraising or sales environment
- Ability to use data to drive insights and inform strategy going forward
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation’s biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds-including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy-to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management ® (MBM ® ). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color,race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Company: Stand Together
Company Location: Arlington, VA