Marketing Strategist Job at Bedrock in Detroit, Michigan 48226
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant field, or equivalent education, training, and experience
- Approximately 5 years relevant experience
- Experience developing, implementing and managing marketing campaigns that include multiple platforms (social, digital and offline marketing channels) that generate awareness and business results
- Ability to create agendas, schedules, check-ins, and project manage both team members and campaigns utilizing software like Microsoft Excel, Word, Teams and other time management software
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Ability to anticipate tasks, prioritize, multitask, remain positive and work well under pressure
- Strong communications, writing and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Portfolio illustrating previous marketing experience desired
- In-depth knowledge of CRM software and content management systems
- Analysis and synthesis of datasets through tools like SPSS, Excel and SQL
The Marketing Strategist supports and applies strategic, analytical and creative thinking to Bedrock’s brand portfolio on a daily basis. Working with Marketing and other company leadership, this team member supports the company’s marketing objectives by completing research, identifying target audiences, informing messages and outcomes, analyzing data and adjusting content for all of Bedrock’s marketing campaigns to ensure that each campaign is as successful as possible within the preestablished budgets. For larger projects, the Marketing Strategist provides input and guidance of marketing solutions, often owning individual portions and the associated processes of large collaborative projects. The team member will also have the opportunity to run smaller scale projects from start to finish. This role offers collaborative opportunities with all of Bedrock’s internal teams while developing and building brands for the company’s most innovative, impactful development projects.
- Work across business areas and with marketing leadership to support the creation and advancement of marketing strategies and campaigns that align with business goals
- support to the development and evaluation of Bedrock’s Marketing strategy
- Contribute to project teams generating and designing strategic marketing campaigns
- Collaborate and help move forward all aspects of assigned direct-to-consumer marketing campaigns including creative development, media strategy or planning, tracking or reporting and budget management from concept to launch to maintenance
- Analyze existing company, market, competitive and customer data and insights from external research to develop a deep understanding of market opportunities, customer insights and business drivers to inform product positioning
- Partner with design narratives on the co-creation of marketing and/or creative briefs and campaign guidelines
- Leverage a variety of marketing channels and recommend new media testing options to drive business growth
- Manage channel performance analytics for campaign adjustments
- Contribute to the strategic direction to marketing channel partners to improve upon digital marketing that supports key business priorities
- Assist and co-present marketing briefs and campaigns to Marketing leadership and other stakeholders in order to build consensus and obtain approvals
- Build strong relationships and facilitate meetings with various subject matter expert teams across the company to understand their marketing needs, objectives, and opportunities, including managing expectations and brand consistency
- Guide freelance talent and/or agency partners engaged for projects
- Follow Marketing Team’s standards of marketing excellence, quality review processes, and communication systems.
- Develop knowledge of the City of Detroit and Cleveland, including its history, neighborhoods, and the recent developments
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing and managing commercial and residential buildings. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested and committed more than $5.6 billion to acquiring and developing more than 100 properties, including new construction of ground-up developments in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 18 million square feet.
Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 200 office tenants and more than 120 retailers and restaurants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown, the majority of which are new to the market, including Microsoft, Quicken Loans, LinkedIn, StockX, Ally Bank’s national headquarters, Fifth Third Bank’s regional headquarters, WeWork, Madewell, Under Armour, Shake Shack and countless others.
Bedrock is currently developing four transformational projects, including the Hudson’s Site, Monroe Blocks, Book Tower renovation and One Campus Martius expansion. Bedrock is also undertaking construction of City Modern, a community development in Detroit’s Brush Park neighborhood. Partnering with Detroit-based Shinola, Bedrock developed the world’s first Shinola Hotel on Woodward Avenue, which opened in early 2019.
Bedrock is dedicated to creating jobs for Detroiters and investing in job training. Over the last year, the company has invested in both the Randolph Career Technical Center and the Breithaupt Career and Technical Center to build a pipeline of talent for Detroit’s growing economy.
Creating unique experiences through real estate is Bedrock’s mission. To make this a reality, Bedrock and its affiliates continuously invest in significant public art installations and placemaking initiatives throughout the city.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Company Location: Detroit, Michigan 48226