Master Technician Job at Horsepower Motor Centre in Tonbridge
The job role of Master Technician is our most senior vehicle technician position. You will be working in a fast-paced environment on almost every make and model of vehicle. Fault-finding, repairing and/or replacing vehicle components will be your forte. You will liaise with our Service Advisors and customers reporting back on the fault, the cause and required repair / replacement needed to rectify it. No two days will be the same.
Our Master Auto-Care Technicians work independently and provide support and guidance to the rest of the Workshop team. They are well-respected and highly-competent and experienced members of our business.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent.
- ‘Desirable’ IMI Master Technician qualified or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years current experience in a “fast-fit”, “independent” and / or “main-dealer” environment role.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults using your skills and knowledge and have the determination to never give up so you always put things right.
- Current Class 4 MOT Tester preferred but not essential.
- Supporting colleagues and liaising directly with customers.
- To carry out any other duties as required.
Suitable candidates will possess a UK Driving Licence, have excellent organisational skills, will be strong communicators and will possess the skills to deliver an accurate, timely and professional service.
Excellent attention to detail skills are essential.
Flexible working hours available, 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, 1 in 3 Saturdays (half-day).
Salary: £35,000 per annum plus bonus. We like to enjoy our work, so there are also monthly & quarterly competitions with great prizes on offer!
If you have the skills to join our expanding team, please apply….
Applications must be received no later than 23:59 Tuesday, 31st March 2020.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat on the telephone and if successful an interview at our main showroom where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus, your cultural fit within our business and that we are the right fit for you – it’s not about making you sweat or catching you out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate based on gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00 /year
Company: Horsepower Motor Centre
Company Location: Tonbridge