Mechanical Technician Jobs in Edinburgh – Scotland – UK at PRS Recruitment Services
Title: Mechanical Technician
Company: PRS Recruitment Services
Location: Edinburgh – Scotland – UK
Category: Industrial, Engineering
Salary: Salary 26113.01 GBP Yearly GBP 26113.01 YEAR
We are recruiting for a qualified Mechanical Engineer / commercial plumber to work on a large commercial facility in the Edinburgh area. This is a temp – perm role for the right candidate. Monday – Friday 40.00 hours per week paying £18.00ph PAYE
**As the commercial plumber your responsibilities will encompass
Being able to work in accordance with the requirements of Health Technical Memoranda (HTM’s); Medical Gases HTM 2022 and Water Supplies HTM 2027, HTM 2040 and (Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) L8), Ventilation Plant HTM 2025 and any other relevant statutory compliance requirements (Pressure Systems Regulations 2000).
To work in accordance with the requirements of the client rules for the Safe Operation of Low Voltage Systems as competent person (LV) for the organisation.**
– Actively participate in the operation and control of all engineering planned maintenance schemes.
– Work overtime to carry out emergency repairs as required.
– Undertake essential repair works and general maintenance activities at the request of the Maintenance Supervisor.
– To liaise with the Maintenance Supervisor and M&E Services Manager regarding plant or equipment failures.
– Undertake fault finding on complex medical gas systems, low pressure heating water systems, critical systems and equipment and pressurised steam systems. Using cause effect analysis and detailed examination to gain a solution and use of all relevant drawings and schematics.
– Carry out planned preventative maintenance, inspections, commissioning and testing in accordance with published procedures, completing all report sheets and test certificates as necessary and mark up any drawing alterations
– Use of all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works ensuring full compliance with Engie Guidelines and Controls e.g. Risk Assessment, Site Safety, Fire Safety, Control of Infection and Hazardous Substances.
– Obligation to undertake training where necessary to learn new techniques.
– Understand fully the inter-relationship between the various maintenance crafts.
**Given the appropriate training and support be able to carry out any additional duties required of them including AP MGPS, MEWP Manager, and Basic Refrigeration fault diagnostics.
Liaise with staff on a daily basis.
Part of the role will involve shift cover, so individuals must be flexible in relation to working days / nights / weekend. The post is for days; however the dayshift supports the shift engineers in covering annual leave and any sickness. There is additional payment for this in terms of a retainer payment for being available for shift cover and further shift allowance for any days covered.
– Required qualifications are an appropriately recognised Mechanical/Engineering apprenticeship
– C&G, Scotvec (SVQ3), or equivalent, C&G 9730
– The post holder will very much be involved with the maintenance and minor works service covering a wide and varied range of mechanical equipment servicing large industrial units such as dual fired boilers and heating and ventilation distribution equipment.
– All mechanical equipment throughout the Hospital that comprises heating equipment (pumps, control valves, radiators) ventilation equipment (fans, heating/cooling coils, Humidification) Domestic Hot Water equipment (calorifiers, safety devices) compressors, manifolds for medical gases, Building Managemen…