MEDICAL IMAGING REGIONAL PRACTICE LEADER (FULL TIME) Job at Northern Health in Prince George, BC
Employee Type: PERMANENT FULL TIME
Bargaining Unit: HSA
Facility: CORPORATE OFFICE
Department: NHC INCARE QRT
Reports To: REGIONAL DIRECTOR, DIAGNOSTICS
Hourly Wage: $39.17 – $48.85
Close Date: DECEMBER 05, 2020*
In accordance with the established vision and values of the organization and in accordance with the standards of professional practice, is responsible for the development and promotion of high quality diagnostic medical imaging services through working in collaboration with radiologists/cardiologists, physicians and other health care professionals. Reports to the NH Regional Director of Diagnostics and the Regional Medical Leads for Medical Imaging and Echocardiography Services.
- Graduation from a recognized/accredited Northern American Program in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
- Five (5) recent related experience including one (1) year in a supervisory or teaching capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT.)
- Additional certification for general ultrasound and echocardiology, CT and/ or MRI also an asset.
- Familiarity with provincial Diagnostic Accreditation Program requirements for medical imaging quality and have experience in preparing medical imaging departments for accreditation.
- Experience in teaching and education using both practical one to one and also didactic formats
- Comprehensive knowledge of related quality control and radiation safety methods and procedures pertaining to diagnostic equipment in the Medical Imaging Department.
Skills and Abilities:
Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
Communication: Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with medical administration, medical staff and members of interdisciplinary teams using, oral, and written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict. Able to keep good records.
Critical Thinking: Demonstrates ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
Management: Demonstrates ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
Teamwork: Demonstrates ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
Equipment: Demonstrates computer skills including the use of Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
Company: Northern Health
Company Location: Prince George, BC