Mid/Sr. Systems Engineer Job at SYMVIONICS, Inc. – in Edwards AFB, CA
SYMVIONICS is looking for a Mid/Sr. Systems Engineer at Edwards Air Force Base, CA
Please Note: This position is contingent upon executed delivery order. Anticipated Award June 2019
SYMVIONICS provides engineers and other professionals under government contract to satisfy requirements for systems engineering and software development. This work directly supports the Test and Evaluation (T&E) mission of the 412 Test Wing Electronic Warfare Group (EWG), of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), located at Edwards AFB, CA. Specific tasks are defined by the Test and Evaluation Modeling and Simulation (TEMS) program contract, and are accomplished in support of the 772d Test Squadron (TS/EWOS). The 772d TS/EWOS provides real-time, high fidelity, man-in-the-loop flight simulators. These simulators are primarily used to reduce risk and increase confidence in testing, as well as envelope expansion, maneuver/practice definition, flight- control system failures, aircrew and engineer training, pilot/vehicle interface, accident anomaly investigation, parameter sensitivity studies, and test mission planning/dry runs. Currently, SYMVIONICS supports both the hardware and software upgrades and enhancements as identified and as required, both commercial off the shelf (COTS) and newly developed enhancements. The flight simulators enhance the capability of the Air Force to carry out Performance and Flying Qualities (P&FQ) as well as Mission Avionics test and evaluation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Applies systems engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design,develop, implement, test or evaluate systems. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical documents, reports, change proposals and other technical documentation. Applies systems engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, systems architecture, functional and physical allocation, synthesis, configuration management, quality assurance testing, acquisition and resource management, requirements and needs analysis, trade-off and risk studies. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and tests systems processes related to engineering or functional requirements of systems and associated support systems. An acceptable candidates shall support the 772d TS/EWOS System Engineering efforts consisting of Hardware Linking Networks in support of the netwrk infrastructure required within the 772d Test Squadron (TS/EWOS) complex. Insure ability to be connected together and to communicate with outside networks such as the Defense Research and Engineering Network (DREN), Ridley Mission Control Center at Edwards AFB, the Simulation and Analysis Facility at Wright-Patterson AFB and the Distributed Mission Operations Center at Kirkland AFB. He/she shall work independently and as part of a team to develop/analyze design requirements. Additional job requirements may include, but not be limited to the following:
- Recommend, plan, and perform system studies. Review and evaluate studies, interpret
results and establish the best approach to the problem involved based on knowledge of
the problem and applicability of potential approach.
- Closely coordinate task resource allocations and deadlines with 772d TS/EWOS
software & hardware development leads, as well as the SYMVIONICS Program
Manager, to ensure satisfactory completion of projects.
- Ensure that all deliverables satisfy customer requirements and that complex tasks are
completed within budget and on time.
- Follow government process and procedures to ensure that the project complies with the
Government standards and the Quality Management program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. U.S. citizenship is required and a VALID / CURRENT SECRET Clearance is a plus.
Education and/or Experience and Education
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and at least 10 years of general experience in simulation engineering, HITL and MIL-STD-1553 aircraft bus protocols.
Experience and Knowledge of the Following:
MIL-STS-1553 aircraft bus protocols.
Linux, Windows XP and Windows 7thru10.
Distributed real-time processing.
Ability to interpret legacy code, interfaces.
Data acquisition and analysis.
Fault isolation diagnostics.
Technical writing (specs, design, docs, release notes).
- Be responsive in fast paced, high demand operational environment.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Function well in small, tight knit, high output development group.
- Organize, plan, coordinate and communicate effectively.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Operate computer equipment.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision and as part of a team.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
None required. Note: USAF Security & Information Assurance (IA) requirements must be met for Common Access Card (CAC). A Common Access Card is required for this position.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing, in English.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers (to include government officials, corporate officials, and employees).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Define and implement design requirements.
- Specify system, process, service, and product quality requirements.
- Institute corrective and preventive action to address non-compliance.
- Identify and record non-conformance through organizational channels.
- Recommend changes to eliminate non-conformance symptoms and root causes.
- Verify the effectiveness of corrective and preventative actions.
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for making
observations, communicating with others, reading and writing.
- Maintain physical conditioning appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and
responsibilities which may include: sitting at a desk using a computer for prolonged
periods of time.
Regular exposure to an office environment with extended periods of time spent sitting at a desk using a computer. Lifting may be required, not to exceed 25 pounds.
SYMVIONICS is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Company: SYMVIONICS, Inc. –
Company Location: Edwards AFB, CA