Night Support Worker – Islington MHAP Job at Look Ahead Housing and Care – in Islington
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
£23,019.36 per annum
25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more
Full Time, Permanent
Night Support Worker – Islington MHAP
Recruiting for a Night Support Worker to join our mental health service in Islington
GBP £23,019.36 per annum, working 40 or 30 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
There are both full time and part time roles available.
Arundel project provides 24 hour accommodation based support for up to 22 individuals with mental health conditions and complex needs. Arundel project is part of Islington Mental Health accommodation Pathway which offers opportunities to step down into lower based supported accommodations in the community.
Support workers at Islington Menal Health Accommodation Pathway work within a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to customers with a range of mental health and support needs. This will include support with emotional, social, physical & domestic needs. You will be skilled in engaging both customers and stakeholders and have a good understanding of the needs and diversity of this client group. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a therapeutic environment that at times can be challenging and provide quality, evidence-based care and risk management strategies. You will be highly motivated and committed to continuous professional development. You will be committed to supporting customers through their recovery journey and skilled in engaging them with their move-on pathway.
You will work flexibly to respond to emerging needs and effectively address the needs of the customer group. This role will include waking night working, including bank holidays, weekends and national holidays.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and external partners, creating a positive atmosphere
- Carrying out holistic assessments of new customers which incorporate relevant statutory referral information
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Key-working the most complex service-users with particular needs aligned with the post holders specialism
- Create Risk management and support plans for providing appropriate services based on on-going assessment and reflecting the services and resources available to enable customer to progress in their recovery
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking’
- Provide support and access to relevant services to enable customers to continue their recovery and empower customers to self-manage their medication regimes through individual re-enablement programmes and informed decision making
- Undertake support work in partnership with external stakeholders to compliment their interventions, leading on partnering with specialist stakeholders;
- Upskilling staff team in particular area of expertise
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the functioning of the staff team and to support colleagues in providing a high level of service and safety to customers
- Involving customers in the design, development, and delivery of the service
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc.
- Being responsible for the handover of key information between shifts
- Provide structured support and guidance to other front-line staff in their area of expertise
- To lead groups and activities – offering a range of appropriate therapeutic and recovery focused interactions and activities
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are always adhered to and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care & Support plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
- To keep files, data bases and electronic handovers updated daily
- To attend team meetings and training
A strong leader with excellent interpersonal skills
- Socially adept, networks widely, well connected in sector, influential
- Approachable, open & professional behaviour
- At ease in directing others, is assertive and independent minded, will challenge others, and skilled in resolving conflict
- Drives change, enjoys dynamic diverse environments, and demonstrates entrepreneurialism, creativity and innovation
- Demonstrates significant confidence and high levels of self-esteem
- Demonstrates significant levels of emotional resilience and a positive attitude
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about the business
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Is Customer focussed
- IT Literate
- We welcome applications from individuals with lived experiences of using services
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:Essential:
- Up to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant area (e.g. psychology, Health and Social Care, Mental Health) or experience in the social care/charity sector.
- Experience building and develop strong professional partnerships with external providers aligned to their specialism
- IT Literate
- 2-3 years experience providing targeted recovery focussed support to individuals with needs around trauma, mental health, substance use and dual diagnosis.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with Silver in the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Company: Look Ahead Housing and Care –
Company Location: Islington