Nursery Manager Job at Passion in Buckinghamshire
We are currently looking for a Nursery Manager to join our passionate team. The role of the Nursery Manager is to provide professional leadership and management to the nursery and its staff, and to successfully manage the day to day running of the nursery, delivering high quality standards of care and education for all children.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary offered based on experience. £29,500 – £33,000 per year.
- Excellent rates of pay and twice yearly discretionary bonus.
- Up to 30 days annual leave – 22 days holiday, 8 bank holidays. Closed 1 week over Christmas.
- Discretionary birthday day off.
- Support for higher level qualifications through access to study days and training paid for.
- At least one training day per year. Additional internal and external training sessions
- Regular support from a Qualified Ofsted Inspector
- Free Uniform is provided
- One team building activity per year!
- Workplace pension with employer contribution of up to 3%
- Staff childcare discount.
- Bonus scheme.
- Access to HR support.
- Access to the Director for support.
Requirements of a Nursery Manager:
- Level 3 and above Qualification
- DBS Checked with update service on
- Previous management experience
- Must be Punctual and Reliable
- Management experience of 1 year + (required)
- Childcare experience of 3 years + (required)
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare (Required)
Responsibilities of a Nursery Manager:
- Comply with all regulatory requirements
- Provide high standards of care and education
- Support all nursery staff in their roles
- Acquire and maintain positive working partnerships with staff, parents and carers
- Sustain targets for revenue and costs.
- Responsible for staff rotas, general paper work and responding to parent emails.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff
- Promote a high standard of quality within the nursery, including practice, environment and resources to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Responsible for staff observations and supervisions.
- Ensure appropriate planning and assessment is in place and is accurately maintained by all staff
- Provide leadership and support to all staff to enable them to establish and maintain professional positive working relationships with both colleagues, parents and carers
- Deploy staff effectively to ensure the required standards are maintained
- Ensure the effective implementation of the company’s keyperson system throughout the nursery
- Ensure that all children are kept safe and that staff are confident to follow safeguarding procedures
- Implement and support others in delivering the EYFS in line with current practice and guidelines
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with relevant outside agencies
- Create and maintain a culture of self-evaluation and reflective practice throughout the nursery
- Proactively promote and represent the nursery to current and potential parents/customers including in the wider community
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and be responsible for ensuring all staff receive health and safety training
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures
- Be responsible for ensuring the nursery remains compliant in respect of suitably trained and vetted staff with relevant qualifications
- Recruit, induct, support, train and appraise all staff to deliver high quality childcare practice
- Identify, address and support individual training needs and self-development such as supervisions and appraisals
- Be responsible for making sure all complaints/concerns are actively resolved in a timely manner
- Manage staff and running costs
- Facilitate inspections by regulatory bodies and implement any recommendations
- Be responsible for all administrative duties associated with the nursery, including maintaining children’s records, ordering equipment and keeping personnel files
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line manager
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £29,500.00 to £33,000.00 /year
- Management: 1 year (Required)
- Childcare: 3 years (Required)
Flexible Working Options Available:
Company Location: Buckinghamshire