Occupational Health & Wellbeing Manager Job at Network Rail in Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes, GB
About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain’s best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we’re empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
Route Services is a division of Network Rail, formed to provide our routes with services and supplies that they need in order to maintain and deliver a better railway for a better Britain. We work with our customers to provide them with the safest, most cost-efficient and effective services enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Supply Chain Operations
This opportunity sits in Supply Chain Operations (SCO), a division of Route Services that procures safe, sustainable, products and services that are in turn used to improve and enhance the rail infrastructure across Britain. SCO aims to deliver excellent value and service to our customers, helping the rail industry to work together to deliver a more cost-effective railway.
Our extensive supply chain network plays a crucial role in helping to run a safe and efficient railway.
Every year we:
• Buy and deliver 2,000km of rail and 2.5 million tonnes of ballast.
• Operate 1,200 rail vehicles.
Behind the scenes we:
• Process £7,000,000,000 of payments.
• Handle over 23,000 IT helpdesk calls.
• Mechanical and electrical locking fitters maintain 468 signal boxes and 387 ground frames.
• Operational property helpdesk process over 200,000 calls.
Manage the approach to occupational health and wellbeing activities, providing assurance relating to effective occupational health management, leading health and wellbeing promotion activities, and working with other routes and central teams to deliver Network Rail’s Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
About the role (External)
1. Act as the focal point for day-to-day management of occupational health and wellbeing, monitoring compliance with Network Rail occupational health and wellbeing policies and procedures.
2. Working with other stakeholders, and in particular the central Health and Wellness Strategy team, develop and implement the functions health and wellbeing improvement plan to address local health requirements, aligned to Network Rail’s Integrated Plan.
3. Identify health and wellbeing related training needs for line managers and other health-related roles in the function, working with other partners to help fulfil them.
4. Lead occupational health and wellbeing initiatives for Route Services and as required nationally in area of identified expertise.
5. Manage the arrangements for the collection of health and wellbeing data in the function to enable better health decisions to be made both locally and inform national decisions.
6. Working with the Route Services HR and central health strategy teams, support the management and continuous improvement of third party occupational health and wellbeing service provision.
7. As part of personal continuing professional development, maintain appropriate skills and knowledge to enable support to the function and Network Rail to tackle current and emerging health risks.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) or MSc/BSc in Occupational Health or OH Diploma/certificate.
- Relevant clinical occupational health expertise required to assess health needs of the business unit
- Ability to work autonomously on own initiative and be able to prioritise work appropriately
- An effective communicator
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven resilience in an occupational health environment to be able to deal with the demands of the post
- Additional qualifications and experience in an area of health specialism, such as cardiovascular disease, cancer in the workplace, mental health, musculoskeletal conditions or vocational rehabilitation
- Experience of managing third party occupational health service provision
- Safety management qualification
- Railway or equivalent industry experience
- Customer interface, including training/presenting relevant health data/presentations
- Auditing clinical performance or service delivery
How to apply (External)
Salary: £40,107- 45,120
Closing date: 15th May 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
To be considered for this role, you shall live within 75/90 minutes of The Quadrant Milton Keynes.
Company: Network Rail
Company Location: Milton Keynes