Office Administrator Job at Second Harvest Food Rescue in Toronto, ON
DATE: January 2021
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Shared Services
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance & Shared Services
STATUS: Regular Full-Time
SALARY: $41,000 – $45,000 Per Annum Plus Benefits
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery. We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities.
Second Harvest is looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic team-player to join our team as the Office Administrator. This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day administration and customer service for our busy Toronto office to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety.
We are looking for a hard-working individual who can hit the ground running and handle a variety of tasks throughout the day. The Office Administrator will act as the first point of contact for all visitors and respond to general inquiries about Second Harvest, representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Manage the Front Reception, keeping it tidy and presentable; greet and communicate with all visitors in a courteous, professional manner.
- Serve as workplace Compliance Officer during COVID-19 and support COVID-related activities on-site: complete daily checks, ensure that all staff in-office are wearing required PPE, and confirm that distancing protocols are being followed; ensure that PPE, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant is replenished each day at the front entrance and throughout the office; closely monitor staff attendance in-office and ensure that all staff and visitors complete the screening/sign-in document at the front entrance.
- Work with Joint Health and Safety Committee and senior leadership for ongoing COVID-19 updates, in compliance with applicable industry/provincial guidance as well as applicable public health orders.
- Oversee the general phone line and the main Second Harvest inbox; respond to external calls and emails in a timely manner, redirecting when necessary.
- Responsible for the programming of office phones, general phone support, and training.
- Provide orientation and training to new employees on administrative procedures and policies, using office equipment (printers, mail machines, etc.), and general office procedures.
- Open and circulate office mail; receive incoming deliveries/shipments.
- Arrange outgoing deliveries/courier services for rush items when needed.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment and supplies, as well as control costs for office supplies.
- Responsible for office maintenance and the functionality of office equipment.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to ensure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Prepare and handle bank deposits.
- Manage petty cash.
- Provide administrative support to colleagues to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- Support employee relations by responding to staff inquires and concerns.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
- Communicator: you have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; you can write and present information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, coupled with superior customer service skills.
- Diligent: you know how to get the job done, doing whatever it takes to meet and exceed goals.
- Flexible: constant change motivates you to adapt and grow; you are comfortable working both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized: you have excellent project and time management skills; you have terrific attention to detail, coupled with the ability to multitask.
- Technical: you have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Minimum 2 years of experience handling administrative responsibilities or a related field.
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Willingness to learn and to grow with the organization.
- Minute taking experience.
- Basic knowledge of COVID-19 health and safety standards and regulations.
- A valid G-class license and access to a vehicle.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
- A whole lot of fun.
- The opportunity to work for a purposeful organization.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before January 31, 2021 via email, with “OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR” in the subject line, to email@example.com. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.
Company: Second Harvest Food Rescue
Company Location: Toronto, ON