Office Manager Job at Indesign Furniture in Bexhill
We are a contemporary UK based company with factories overseas predominantly in India. We have partnered distributors and wholesalers across the globe including UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the USA – we essentially act as a partnered design and buying agency for them.
We run container programmes direct from our overseas factories with furniture ranges from various styles including contemporary, reclaimed, industrial, bone inlay, mother of pearl, rustic, marble, agate all the way through to antique one of a kind.
Our company provides a complete ‘One stop shop’ furniture package to our partnered wholesalers/distributors across the globe. Working in collaboration we design, sample, source, manufacture and quality inspect all products prior to shipping.
Job description: Office Manager
We are looking for someone to join the business at a very critical time as we look to expand our global customer base. This is an excellent opportunity to join a contemporary and innovative furniture design and manufacturing company who have a proud history and a reputation in both furniture manufacturing techniques and product design.
As we continue to grow and invest an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Office Manager to join the business. Whilst the majority of the role encompasses managing a busy office, processing orders and having an oversight of all orders, liaising with all members of our team in the UK and overseas, we are seeking a new team member who has the ambition to help drive the business forward and can assist and enhance the overall day to day running of the business.
In this role you will have responsibility for overseeing the office working environment, to be a central point of contact for everyone within the organisation, to have an overview of many different areas within the business, an impeccable working knowledge of the business and its aims, and to pitch in wherever necessary to ensure the company operates smoothly.
Your responsibility as an office manager is to oversee the administrative and activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office, organising people, information and other resources. You’ll ensure that office equipment is maintained to the appropriate quality and quantity, relevant records are up to date and all administrative processes work effectively.
As Office Manager you will need to organise and coordinate administration duties for processing orders and office procedures – taking, receiving, confirming customer orders, processing the relevant paperwork, raising invoices and order confirmations will be a core part of the role. Order administration and liaising with customers will be a crucial aspect of the job.
Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organisational effectiveness, communication and safety. You will ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation.
Duties will often include assisting other members of the team when project deadlines are imminent as an administrator, as well as some of the traditional duties of a PA for the company directors, this role will be wide-ranging. To stand out in this job you will be ahead of the game and anticipating needs. You need to be one step ahead of the boss and the office team, able to predict their pain points and smoothing the way. Staying ahead of the game depends on your ability to be an organisational superhero!
It is very likely that your duties could overlap with areas such as PA, HR, finance, marketing and IT. Be prepared to multitask!
You must have at least 3 years previous office-based, managerial, secretarial experience. This is essential.
With strong organisational and administrative skills, our office manager responsibilities range across a broad spectrum:
As an office manager, you’ll need to:
- Use a range of software, including QuickBooks, Google Drive, Google Suite, G-mail, email, spreadsheets and databases, all Microsoft office applications and to ensure the efficient running of the office
- Process customers orders, confirm orders with factories and customers, be a point of liaison for orders, monitor order progress, raise invoices and order confirmations and monitor the whole order process to ensure deadlines are met. Ensure all order administration is completed to a high level
- Manage online and paper filing systems for ordering processes
- Develop and implement new administrative systems for taking customer orders, such as pricing / design / record management
- Record office expenditure and manage the budget. Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time. Keeping records of office expenditure.
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary IT upgrades / fixes
- Organise and chair meetings with staff – this may include typing the agenda and taking minutes, and following up on tasks
- Dealing, recording complaints and queries, responding to customer enquiries and resolving complaints
- Review and update health and safety policies and ensure they’re observed in both UK and India office. Maintain and enforce office policies as necessary
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services and general facilities manager – by taking responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of the exterior and interior of the building and insurances critical to the business. Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices. Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs. Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Check that data protection laws are being adhered to in relation to the storage of data, and review and update policies
- Organising meetings and managing databases, Schedule meetings and appointments
- Serve as the point person for office manager duties including mailing, postage, supplies, equipment, bills, errands, shopping, ordering stationery and furniture, managing office budgets, ensuring insurances are in place. Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs. Being the point of contact for suppliers and ensuring office supplies and resources are restocked.
- Preparing letters, presentations and reports for and on behalf of the team and senior management and deliver presentations. Researching and writing reports and project work
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems
- Involvement in recruitment – organising induction programmes for new employees arranging interviews and so on. Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Provide general support to visitors, meet, greet, refreshments etc
- Diary and travel management for a company CEO or management team
- All-around secretarial duties and reception duties – answering calls, emails and letters
- Implement social media plan for your organisation
- Meeting, conference and event planning
- Occasional even reading / replying to emails at weekends
- Being able to muck in with whatever is needed to keep the office running smoothly!
You should have previous varied Office management skills – as the job will see you tackling a huge range of different tasks, potentially on the same day!
- In this office manager role you will need good secretarial skills, diary management experience, IT skills and experience, excellent written and communication skills, an ability to work closely with other departments and to be able to undertake project work. Some finance or book-keeping experience could also potentially be an advantage. Use of accounting / ordering online applications (Quikbooks / Sagepay) is essential
- You would be required to organise meetings and events, possibly even chairing meetings, you would maintain offices and facilities and undertake policy work such as health and safety and data protection, and possibly undertake research and project management.
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Front Office Manager or Administrative Assistant with knowledge of Office Administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office, G Drive, G Suite and G mail. knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and other commonly-used office packages, strong IT and typing skills
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, like Email Scheduler and Boomerang
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary business administration / business management will be a plus
- Reliability and discretion: you will often learn of confidential matters
- Adaptability, initiative and attention to detail
- Communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Leadership and the ability to ‘make things happen’
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure, multi task as well as setting your own deadlines.
- Good team-working skills and the confidence to lead and motivate a team
- The ability to manage your workload and supervise others concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workload
- A problem-solving approach to work
- Project-management skills
- Good secretarial skills, diary management experience and highly organised
- Basic Book keeping, budgetary and finance experience
- Social media / marketing experience would be very beneficial
- Personable, approachable and good listener
- Experience in shipping and logistics would be beneficial
- A good sense of humour and ability to be diplomatic – you’ll be working with a wide range of personalities in our office, across the UK and the globe
- A tough and resilient ‘can do’ attitude and unflappable in a crisis
- A proactive attitude – a candidate that will simply ‘muck in’ to get a job done
- Flexi working can be an option to cover essential work over weekend
- Ability to work school holidays
Reference ID: OMV1 171020
Expected start date: 08/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £21,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
We have an office COVID secure policy within the work place. Cleaning products, sanitisers, face masks are all available and provided within the office work place
- quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Indesign Furniture
Company Location: Bexhill