Office Service Assistant Job at Mitie – in London
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures
- Level of customer Service
- Team Player
- Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Job objectives and responsibilities
To provide a full administration service to Mitie clients, including delivery of internal/external mail, incoming and outgoing couriers, faxing, filing, reprographics, records managment and any document management requests.
Develop, maintain, and adhere to all detailed Mitie systems, policies and procedures to undertake the scope of the role.
Own and deliver the fullest remit of the role
Mail and faxing
Sorting and distribution of incoming mail
Collecting and franking of outgoing mail
Handling of incoming and outgoing deliveries via courier
Sending and receiving of faxes, correctly passing on faxes to the relevant staff member
Processing all print, copy and scanning requests
Complete any document work where requested
Returning completed jobs in timely manner
Ensure that all equipment is fully stocked and operating correctly
Process all papers for storage, including Wills, POAs, Principal documents and title packets
Complete all documentation relating to items that are to be archived and or retrieved
Ensure the practice management system is updated to correctly record the location of all items
Act upon the clients instructions to close, archive and record all files being issued to storage
To assist in the collation of information on this service area for including in the monthly reports
Engage and build relationships with end users and client contacts
To be flexible in approach to working patterns and systems to maintain the standards required as a Mitie Business Services UK employee
Complete all duties in a timely, professional, and polite manner
Professional telephone and email correspondence and accurate message recoding
Take an active part in all staff training and development provided by Mitie, client, or external suppliers
Attend and contribute in team meetings and/or other meetings as requested by the Team Leader
Follow and maintain Mitie Quality Management Systems, including development, maintenance and implementation of continuous improvement procedures
Ensure all QHSE policies are maintained and implemented as required to meet the scope of the service operation and Excel Challenge Inspire at service delivery, we must be the best at everything
We always ask ourselves, why do I do it this way? How can I do this better? What else can I do?
Have fun and be passionate about what you do to ensure all scanning staff follow the Health & Safety requirements. ·
Manage service deliver to ensure outstanding customer service to the client, customers and visitors to the Mailroom operation
Ensure contractual Service Level Agreements are adhered to.
Be a customer service champion, take a pro-active approach to customer service management and promote good service standards
It is expected that the employee will be customer focussed and should undertake training and development in both a pro-active and re-active manner to meet the needs of the scope of their role and manage their own personal development to allow them to exceed in their role
What we expect of our Customer Service Assistant:
Proactive in building knowledge and expertise in the services we provide to our clients.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Sensitivity and understanding of the specific needs of our clients, focusing on protecting information at all times.
Pride in being professional, approachable and friendly.
Passionate about creating an outstanding customer experience for clients and colleagues from all levels within the firm.
Experience in handling complaints calmly and effectively, ensuring that client needs are met and seeking referral where appropriate.
Excellent standard of communication.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Ensure compliance with Mitie’s information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Company: Mitie –
Company Location: London