Office Services team leader (Mail) Job at Mitie in London
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures
- Level of customer Service
- Team Player
- Health and safety awareness and knowledge
To lead the operational mail & distribution team, utilising the resources for the day to day workflow, in order to deliver a quality service to customers in line with agreed service standards. This will comprise the mail, goods in Courier and records team.
Monitor trends in problem occurance and impact on team workflow; prioritise and solve problems; requested external problem solving support through the Site Manager. Identify, recommend and implement changes to team processes, to improve efficiency and reduce error rates.
Develop, maintain, and adhere to all detailed Mitie systems, policies and procedures to undertake the scope of the role
Monitor individual and team productivity and take action to restore achievement against target standard as dictated by workflow requirements.
Support centrally driven changes as directed by the Site Manager
Own and deliver the fullest remit of the role
To work within the agreed shift pattern for the department.
To sort and deliver all incoming mail.
To collect, stamp and send all outgoing Royal Mail.
To process and deliver incoming courier items using Pinpoint software.
To coordinate the shipment of outgoing courier items as per individual instructions.
To collect and deliver archiving material and boxes as and when requested.
To provide a ‘rapid response’ service as and when required.
To deliver stationery items when needed and stock stationery points as and when required.
Re-stock Paper as per rota
Miscellaneous administrative duties as requested by line manager or Work Flow Coordinator.
Make immediate line management aware if and when help or assistance will be needed for busy periods.
Ensure optimum health & safety standards and safe working practices are followed at all times.
Ensure help is provided for excessive manual handling tasks.
Individual work area must be kept tidy and well organised.
Good verbal and written English
Computer Literacy and keyboard skills and understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
Understanding of process improvement tools and techniques
Previous experience of working in a similar environment
Ability to plan and multitask
Attention to detail
Exceptional customer service skills
Manual Handling training will be provided
Health and Safety responsibilities:
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Ensure compliance with Mitie’s information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Company Location: London