Operational Risk Controller Job at Nordnet – in Stockholm
Nordnet is a leading pan-Nordic digital platform for savings and investments. Ever since we started 25 years ago, our purpose has been to democratize savings and investments. Through innovation, simplicity and transparency, we challenge traditional structures, and give private savers access to the same information, tools and services as professionals.
The Risk Control function is an independent control function, reporting directly to the CEO and Board, with the focus to ensure that all material risks are properly identified, controlled, analyzed, reported and managed. The Risk Control function covers the whole Nordnet group and therefore controls and supports both Banking and Insurance operations. The team consists of seven employees.
As we currently are in the process of further raising the level of operational risk management and control at Nordnet, the right candidate has the possibility to be part of a journey of development to reach best praxis in all areas.
This is part of the role
The role includes both driving development of operational risk methods and processes as well as controlling and supporting a specific part of the organization regarding operational risk management. Your ongoing tasks will include:
- Ensuring risk assessment and control for specific assigned business processes (which depends on your background). This means conducting workshops, supporting in implementation of controls as well as testing of controls
- Monitoring and analyzing incidents and follow-up on major incidents
- Analyzing operational risks in new products and services
- Follow-up on key risk indicators
- Reporting independently on risks and risk management, including supporting the CRO/Head of Risk Control on reporting to Board and Management
- Ensuring quality in the supporting operational risk system for incidents, risks and controls
The aim is that the right candidate will be driving, individually and together with the team, development of operational risk processes like Risk Assessment and Control, Incident Management and Reporting, Key Risk Indicators, etc. This requires having an interest in finding efficient solutions for the management of risk in a regulatory environment.
This is you
To thrive in this role you need to be professional and have integrity, as well as enjoy driving change and working with people from all parts of the organization.
- You probably have a university degree in e.g. economy or similar and have an approx. Five years of previous experience from operational risk management in the Financial Industry.
- You have a proven ability to drive change.
- You are a strong team player but with the drive to deliver on individual goals.
- You are able to facilitate relationships across the organization and serve as a partner to business managers,
- You have effective communication skills, both written and spoken, and are fluent in English and/or Swedish (Nordic).
This position gives you the opportunity to affect the operational risk management processes that are used by all parts of Nordnet, including top management. As we already have experienced Operational Risk Controllers in the team it is also an opportunity to broaden your current experience and learn about best practices in risk management.
This is us
We offer you the opportunity to work in a great team within a friendly Nordic environment with a strong focus on innovation, product development and technology.
We are currently building a world-class customer experience and have a vision to become the number one choice for savings and investments in the Nordic countries. Our ambitions are high and you will embark on a fast and challenging journey within a tight team of sharp and committed colleagues. At Nordnet, there is great potential for development and opportunities to redefine the financial world.
We are 800 employees in Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki and Copenhagen.
Learn more about Nordnet on our corporate site and in our brand movie This is Nordnet, that describes our identity.You can also visit us on www.nordnet.se, www.nordnet.no, www.nordnet.dk and www.nordnet.fi
Questions & Application
If you have questions, please contact Head of Risk Control Jonas Björk, [email protected], 072 083 38 07.
Apply today by using the button below – we will start interviewing immediately.
Please note that we do only accept applications through our recruitment system, hence no email applications will be considered.
We want to inform you that Nordnet conduct credit and background checks on the final candidate.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Location: Alströmergatan 39,112 47,Stockholm, 112 47 Stockholm
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Company: Nordnet –
Company Location: Stockholm