Operations Team Lead Job at Amazon UK Services Ltd. in Hill
Has strong communication skills, demonstrates a great sense of ownership, leads by example in all areas of performance and has the ability to develop subject matter expertise in all operations processes. You will need to be able to work with data, motivate employees to achieve the best, but most importantly have the ability to keep the customer at the heart of every decision you make.
We’re expanding our team within Amazon Operations! If you’re interested in joining a business where you can have fun, achieve amazing results and put smiles on people’s faces, this could be the role for you.
As an Operations Specialist you will oversee the shift management in one of our first mile fulfilment centers, middle mile sortation centers or final mile delivery stations. Our Operations Specialists drive the pulse of our operations on the ground and play a key role in getting our customers’ orders out to them in every step of the chain.
This is a varied, challenging role and every day is different!
- Create and cultivate a safe working environment by identifying safety opportunities across your work area
- Manage and train our Associates to help deliver the best service for our customers
- Ensure that customer orders are fulfilled in line with quality and safety guidelines
- Continuously provide critical shift related information to frontline management and operators
- Adjust labor allocation throughout your shifts to meet and exceed plans and forecasts
- Engage with support functions and/or other departments to address common issues or needs in key areas of performance e.g. process area readiness, 5S, safety, training
- Help to solve logistics and supply chain challenges through data analysis, innovation and process optimization
Since our beginnings in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further. Whether it’s exploring successful new business lines, pushing our technology and processes to get the very quickest delivery times for our customers or delivering record volumes, Amazon has achieved incredible feats in defining industries.
Our journey to become the Earth’s most customer-centric company is one full of exciting innovation, pace and change. From the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional in what we do. Our employees move this business forward and hiring great people allows us to continually set records.
Come and join us in building our future!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company: Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Company Location: Hill