Order Picker Co-Worker Job at IKEA in Halifax, NS
- You have about 6 months’ work experience in a high-volume retail, supply chain or warehouse environment.
- You are totally cool working in a physically demanding, fast-paced, work environment
- You’ve worked with material handling equipment before (or are very open to learning!)
- You are computer savvy and generally comfortable with technology (and can easily learn new software and systems)
- You are a total people-person and can strike up a conversation easily with anyone you meet.
- You can prioritize, are disciplined, show initiative and have a flexible attitude
- You can effortlessly juggle multiple priorities while keeping a smile on your face.
- You love working with a team but don’t mind working solo too!
- You like having a flexible schedule
- A valid forklift license is an asset (but not necessary)
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Ensure that daily operations run smoothly with a focus on order fulfillment and inventory availability
- Maintain inventory accuracy and integrity
- Always aware of customers when on the shop floor, prioritizing their requests and needs, giving suggestions even when engaged in other tasks
- Performing sales space replenishment with flexibility and according to visual merchandising guidance
- Look for more effective ways of working to reduce costs
- Maintain Health & Safety compliance
- Support the team and with additional duties, as required
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
At IKEA it’s all about our customers, and in Customer Relations we build and retain long-lasting relationships with new and existing customers in a multichannel retail environment. We’re a diverse team that work together to ensure a positive and joyful experience for all IKEA visitors and customers: we set up services, gather feedback and make things right! Our modus operandi is to connect to people by listening to their personal needs and to create genuine interactions. We’re a bunch of people who are truly passionate about people!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as: Goods Flow Co-worker
Please note: This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.
Candidates must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Company Location: Halifax, NS