Order Selector-$21.25 per hr. Chesterfield, NH Job at UNFI – 3.0 in Chesterfield, NH
1st shift- 10:00am start 4 day work week!
Laid off or losing hours because of the Coronavirus? UNFI has high paying jobs and consistent, fulfilling work available NOW and AFTER the COVID-19 Pandemic!
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team today.
Responsible for having a strong understanding of the equipment he/she uses, pick locations, pallet building, productivity measures and safety procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues.
- Enters the proper information into the productivity measure.
- Identifies the correct pick location and pick sequence in accordance to the order.
- Picks the correct item and quantity, checking UPC’s or item descriptions.
- Places pick labels on the side of the cases.
- Correctly identifies Master Case locations.
- Identifies and immediately reports miss-located products.
- Shrink wraps and labels with correct truck, stop and other required information.
- Stages pallets in appropriate bay.
- Listens for first and last call and obtains all out of stocks in a timely manner.
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area.
- Immediately informs a foreman, supervisor or manager of any potential safety threats.
- Obtains aisle-cleaning assignment.
- Operates pallet jack/push cart in a safe and efficient manner.
- Reports to supervisor or lead any violation of company policy.
- Builds a stable and well cubed pallet.
- Parks and recharges pallet jack in its appropriate spot at the end of your shift.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Selector functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations.
2. Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
3. Deadlines are met.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: *
Understanding of Safety guidelines
Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
Understanding of WMS preferred but not required
Ability to select at established minimum rate for department
Astute, close attention to detail
Understand and properly follow all selecting procedures and verbal instructions in your respective area: grocery, repack, cooler/freezer.
Possess an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Company: UNFI – 3.0
Company Location: Chesterfield, NH