Packer Job at Denninger’s Foods of the World – in Hamilton, ON
R. Denninger Limited is one of the finest food companies in the world. For more than 60 years, quality has been the founding criteria of our company. Denninger’s has five retail locations, a manufacturing plant and a warehouse all located throughout Southern Ontario. Denninger’s associates are hand picked to provide the best service in the industry. If you have a passion for customer service and thrive in a team environment, Denninger’s is the place for you!
What We Offer
– Associate training focused on developing practical skills
– Career advancement opportunities
– 20% Staff discount across all retail locations
– Immediate health, vision and dental benefits upon hire
– Employee Assistance Program
– Access to 24/7 virtual health care
– Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
Job Summary: Responsible for the packaging of all goods for resale in the packing room. Reports to the Packing Room Supervisor.
– Slices/arranges cold-cuts into vacuum packing machine.
– Packs prepared meat products for vacuum and shrink tunnel machines.
– Properly codes all products.
– May help in the sausage kitchen and salad kitchen.
– Operates hand slicer, automatic slicer, VP machinery, wrapping machine and hand knives.
– Reports equipment problems to the packing room supervisor.
– Reports any quality control issues to the supervisor.
– Responsible to operate within the health and safety guidelines.
– Other duties as assigned by management.
– 1 year experience in the manufacturing industry is an asset.
– Knife experience is an asset.
– Comfortable working with raw meat products (beef, pork, chicken).
– Ability to stand and perform repetitive work for extended periods of time.
– Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
– Comfortable with assisting other departments as necessary.
Working Conditions and Environment
– Meat packaging and food manufacturing plant.
– Physically demanding and fast paced work environment.
– Early morning start (6 am Monday to Friday).
– Refrigerated (cold) environment.
– Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Denninger’s Limited is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. If you are contacted by R. Denninger Limited regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Denninger’s Foods of the World –
Company Location: Hamilton, ON