PARK RANGER Job at State of Arizona – in Lake Havasu City, AZ
- Duties include but are not limited to performing, coordinating, leading and supervising facility maintenance and repairs, landscaping, and other projects within the park while following maintenance standards.
- Leads and participates in various custodial duties.
- Manages repairs to implements and fleet vehicles.
- Supervises all staff and volunteers in these tasks.
- Coordinate irrigation operations and monitoring across the park properties.
- Coordinates with contractors when needed for facility and fleet repairs.
- In addition, performs all purchasing related to these maintenance projects.
- Provides customer service by phone and in-person and responds to public inquiries about park hours, accommodations, reservations, etc.
- Performs cashier duties at Contact Station/Gift Shop; collects and accounts for park fees and store purchases.
Public & Staff Safety:
- Promotes the safety of park visitors, enforces Park rules and protects Park resources;
- Utilizes two-way radio communications system.
- Confers with local officials and law enforcement officers.
- Participates in rescues and helps manage emergency situations.
- Completes all necessary reports concerning incidents.
Other duties assigned to the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Park rules, fees and revenue functions.
- Techniques for display and interpretation of objects, artifacts and general resources to visitors.
- General office procedures.
- Basic First Aid training.
- Computer skills.
- Public relations and information dissemination,
- Customer service, active listening, critical thinking.
- Intermediate building, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and vehicle maintenance skills.
- Driving and operating automatic equipment.
- Custodial techniques.
- Oral and written communication.
- Public speaking.
- First Aid and emergency response.
- information related to park resources, repairs, parts purchases, etc..
- Performing math calculations.
- Working in team and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
- Multitasking, effective communication verbally and in writing.
- Works weekends, holidays, night shifts, and outside in extreme temperatures.
- Helps maintain buildings, vehicles, and grounds.
- Enforces rules and regulations.
- Maintain professional demeanor in emergencies or high-stress situations.
Documented job experience in the trades such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, vehicle maintenance, facility or grounds maintenance. Prior experience in the upkeep and operation of a recreational park.
Must possess and maintain a current Arizona Driver’s license appropriate to assignment.
The State’s comprehensive benefits package includes, affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans. Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans, deferred compensation plan. Accrued sick leave and vacation leave, ten paid holidays per year and wellness plans.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible for Arizona State Retirement System pension. Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment for newly hired State of Arizona employees.
Company: State of Arizona –
Company Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ