Parking Enforcement Officer Job at City of Port Philip in St Kilda VIC
- Band 4 salary range $60,589 to $65,239 (annualised salary) + 9.5% Super
- Permanent, Full-time
- St Kilda
About the Organisation
The City of Port Phillip is an inner-city council with around 1000 employees who deliver more than 100 programs and services to our residents, businesses and visitors. These range from childcare and immunisations, to libraries, management of parks and open space, rubbish collection, road maintenance and more.
About the Role
Our Parking Enforcement Officers are the ‘public face of the Council’ to the many visitors, residents and businesses in the City of Port Phillip.
We are currently seeking a Parking officer to join our close-knit team. The role requires the candidate to work shift work and have a full driver’s licence.
You must have experience working with the public; have excellent communication and time management skills and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
You will need to demonstrate enthusiasm for working in this customer service focused role, sound decision making and high-level communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Previous experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
The option to salary sacrifice a vehicle will also be available after a six months probationary period.
The successful application is subject to a satisfactory police record and Working with Children Check
- Enforce the provisions of the Road Safety Act and Regulations, the Local Government Act, Local Laws and other relevant legislation.
- Attend, investigate and resolve enquiries and complaints promptly & responsively with diplomacy & integrity to provide excellent customer service.
- Liaise as necessary with other Council officers, particularly those with enforcement responsibilities.
- Manage time and work activities effectively under limited supervision.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working with the public
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Sound decision making
- A full driver’s licence.
People enjoy working at the City of Port Phillip because we are a welcoming, healthy and inclusive workplace. We offer a vibrant and diverse work environment where our employees can develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.
- We offer a workplace which accommodates your working style and needs.
- Be supported and empowered by a leadership team that is community focused, with a strong desire for change and a culture that encourages teamwork and innovation.
- Training and development opportunities, study assistance, flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, an active social club, a health and wellbeing program, and a well- regarded Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to Apply
The position description can be viewed on our careers page: www.recruitment.portphillip.vic.gov.au or click APPLY to be redirected www.recruitment.portphillip.vic.gov.au
All applicants must provide a Cover Letter in response to the key selection criteria located on the last page of the position description. The Cover Letter should be no longer than 2 pages and include each heading in the Key Selection Criteria.
Note: Only applications submitted via the online Recruitment Portal will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be provided feedback.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Richard Scarff, Coordinator Parking Services on 9209 6285.
Applications close midnight Wedneday 11 November 2020
The City of Port Phillip is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and accessible environment where diversity is valued.
If you have accessibility requirements or require an adjustment to participate in our recruitment and selection process, please contact Gia Tran (HR Business Partner) email: email@example.com
City of Port Phillip has zero tolerance for child abuse and is a committed Child Safe organisation, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Company: City of Port Philip
Company Location: St Kilda VIC