PASTOR OF WORSHIP Job at Tsawwassen Alliance Church – in Delta, BC
PASTOR OF WORSHIP
JOB TITLE: Pastor of Worship
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
At Tsawwassen Alliance Church (TAC) we aspire to be passionate and intentional in
reaching out to South Delta with the hope of the Gospel, and we are looking for a Pastor
of Worship to help us accomplish this vision. As the Pastor of Worship at TAC your
primary role is to provide leadership to our Worship, Communications, Front Door and
Next Steps ministries.
In our search for a Pastor of Worship we are seeking someone who possess to some
degree the following characteristics:
- Team Builder (Ability to identify, recruit, train, and deploy leaders).
- Big Picture Thinker (Ability to work ‘on the church’ and not just ‘in the church’).
- Strategic and practical planning and organization.
- Creative & Innovative.
- Enthusiastic worship leader.
- Outreach Focused. This includes, but is not limited to, thinking about how to best
connect with the lost who attend church services.
- Self-motivated. Self-starter.
- People Oriented.
- Tech skills and the ability to consider new digital solutions for ongoing
Spiritual: The Candidate must be a growing follower of Jesus Christ with a strong
sense of calling to ministry. He must meet the qualifications of church leadership
spelled out in 1 Timothy, Titus 1, and 1 Peter. If married, his family and social life
must seek to reflect Christ.
Educational: It is preferred that the Candidate have a degree with a strong
emphasis in Biblical / Theological studies.
Theological: The Candidate adheres to the C&MA Statement of Faith. We are
looking for a candidate who is Complementarian and Reformed in doctrine.
Experience: It is preferred that the Candidate have previous full-time Christian
ministry experience as a worship leader.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide leadership to all aspects of our worship services (worship teams, audio,
video, visual, lighting, livestreaming, stage design).
- Be responsible for scheduling volunteers for all aspects of our worship services.
- Be the primary leader of worship at all TAC services and events.
- Identify, recruit and train people for all aspects of our worship services (the
worship team, audio, video, visual, lighting, livestreaming, and stage design).
- Keep current with trends in worship (songs, tech, programs, etc…).
- Work with the Lead Pastor in planning services.
- Work alongside our Communications Team to ensure quality in all presentations
and graphic designs (i.e., announcements, invites, publications).
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Communications Team in the design of graphics
for each sermon series.
- Work with Communications Team to ensure communications go out on all
platforms (website, church app, social media, and TAC Connected) and that
these platforms are regularly updated.
- Provide leadership to all aspects of Front Door Ministries (ushers, greeters,
coffee, communion, parking lot attendants, cleaning) to ensure our guests have a
great first impression of the church.
- Identify, recruit and train people for all aspects of the Front Door Ministries.
- Be responsible for scheduling volunteers for all aspects the Front Door Ministries.
- Provide leadership to our Next Steps Ministry (Welcome Centre, Guest Follow
up, Pastor’s Deserts, Baptism & Life Classes 101-401 and connection to
Community Groups and serving).
- Identify, recruit and train people to serve in our Next Steps Ministry.
- Be responsible for scheduling volunteers.
- Ensure that no one finds the church unfriendly or distant.
GENERAL PASTORAL MINISTRY
- Occasional preaching & teaching (depending on gifting).
- General attendance, participation and support of events and community life.
- Build relationships in church and provide pastoral care if needed (weddings,
funerals, visitation, and counseling).
- Enthusiastically embrace the vision, mission, values and culture of TAC Church.
- This person will be required to adhere to the TAC Lifestyle Covenant and to be in
agreement with the Statement of Faith of the C&MA.
- Be willing to have a background check done.
- Be willing to be licensed with the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
HIRE DATE: Summer/fall 2021
FINAL DATE TO APPLY: July 31, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter, resume, personal testimony and philosophy of ministry to Pastor
Cory Anderson at [email protected]
Check us out online at: tachurch.ca
Company: Tsawwassen Alliance Church –
Company Location: Delta, BC