Patient Access Head- SAC Job at Novartis – in Gauteng
Responsible for leading and motivating a dedicated and competent Patient Access function in SAC, including, but not limited to Market Access, Key Account Management, Pricing & Tender Management.
This role is the Patient Access lead for SAC and is a key SAC performance driver. It is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring strategic & operational patient access activities throughout the cluster and providing strategic inputs to SSA and relevant global teams when needed.
- Patient Access Strategy Creation & Implementation. Advises and updates the Cluster Head and the rest of the leadership team on all matters and issues pertaining to pricing and patient access. Works in close collaboration with Business Operations Head to ensure implementation in the relevant countries.
- Develop new business models to entrench Novartis offering within the public sector space in SAC. This includes the development of a best-in-class tender and pricing model in collaboration with Head of SSA Tender Excellence, centred on tender data tender gathering, proactive stakeholder management, strategic and innovative pricing proposal and development of framework agreement. Design list of activities and engagement beyond tender offering to strengthen Novartis’ position within the public sector.
- Develop innovative access solutions, leveraging new tools (e.g. digital solutions) or new business models (e.g. microcredits) to offer access to medicines to all layers of the pyramid. Create and implement a tiered-pricing strategy (Originator vs. Emerging Market Brands vs. Gx vs Access Brands) to maximize patient reach in SAC countries
- Design and implement, in collaboration with the Commercial team, a community/territory access strategy to ensure products are made available beyond main cities.
- Lead, coach and develop the SAC Patient Access teams/professionals. Ensure quality and efficiency of the work being performed by the team.
- Capability Building: embed into cluster operations global or SSA access, pricing and HEOR policies and processes to increase local sophistication. Share or integrate Patient Access best practices to and from other clusters, foster cross-country collaboration. Feeds key capability needs back to SSA and Global Patient Access to influence global patient access processes and capability building efforts.
- Develop and implement access, pricing, HEOR strategies, KAM Roadmaps, in collaboration with SSA.
- Responsible for customization of value dossiers for local authorities
- New Launches & Pricing. Support SAC countries for new products with tailored access strategies, through business and launch readiness reviews of SAC countries.
- Develop pricing strategy in SAC countries, in collaboration with the Marketing team
- Provides strategic and pricing operational input into SSA / Global Patient Access.
- Work closely with SAC Medical Head and policy makers to formulate and transition health policy into implementation. Identify collaboration points in the health systems spectrum and ensure close synergy between social activities and availability of products in the facilities as well as building capacity at the health facilities to increase access.
- Full adherence to P3 principles and ethical behaviors across SAC
o Role model ethical behaviors, exercise good judgement and principles-based decision-making
o Create a trust-based environment that motivates associates to do their best
- Represent SAC in key Patient Access meetings and events
o Represent Novartis in relevant external associations, conferences, meetings etc. to advocate and build Novartis Africa brand across SAC
o Represent SAC Patient Access in all relevant internal global meetings, boards, events, etc.
o Act as Public Affairs lead until a critical mass is reached in the Cluster to manage public affairs separately.
o Influence beyond Patient Access, by sharing best practices, expertise and experience to shape SAC strategy, innovation and initiatives
o Contribute to Patient Access talent strategy (both Global Patient Access Talent Strategy and SSA Talent Strategy)
University degree in Business, marketing or Health economics. MBA preferred. Broad spectrum of knowledge, interests and education.
Fluency in English essential.
French/Portuguese and or local African language could be advantageous
- Willingness to travel, as needed, to countries across Southern Africa Countries essential.
- Minimum 7 years of related business experience and minimum 3 years of leadership experience
- Strategic planning expertise, strong analytical approach, strong influencing skills
- Excellent understanding of marketing & sales processes in the pharmaceutical business
- Preferred knowledge of pricing structures/ HEOR needs & reimbursement environment in Africa or emerging market
Global Health PH
Novartis SA (Pty) Ltd.
Company: Novartis –
Company Location: Gauteng