Patient Care Technician, Nursing Assistant – FT – Night – $1k Sign on Bonus! Job at Cornerstone Healthcare Group in Brownsville, Texas
Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
The Nursing Assistant provides direct and indirect basic health care to patients ranging in age from 18 years to geriatric. Assists as needed with environmental and informational services; and communicates effectively to ensure positive outcomes for patients. He/She is responsible for performing certain procedures according to hospital policy and procedures. Promotes the mission and values of the hospital. Demonstrates the ability to maintain an understanding attitude and responsible concern toward patients which is evidenced in speech and actions, and shows interest/ability to acquire knowledge of and develop skills in basic nursing procedures.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions (Order entry, data input).
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of one (1) semester of Nursing School Clinical rotation or Nurse Technician class provided at hospital.
- Ability to successful demonstrate advanced skills in phlebotomy, assessment of vital signs, aseptic technique in simple dressing changes, foley insertion and care, checking for and removal of fecal impaction.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certificate from an accredited Nurse Technician program or nursing assistant training preferred.
- Must maintain current provider CPR certification throughout employment.
Company: Cornerstone Healthcare Group
Company Location: Brownsville, Texas