Patient Engagement Specialist – Call Center Job at Notal Vision, Inc. – 4.6 in Manassas, VA
Reporting to the Coordinator, Customer Experience & Engagement Center the Patient Engagement Specialist I will perform key functions as part of a multi-faceted call center environment, supporting two distinct medical devices and the associated programs and studies in which they are used. The Patient Engagement Specialist I is a key player in our patient-facing model with responsibilities for call triage; scheduling patients; interacting with patients via telephone and email; providing over-the-phone technical support; and ensuring that Notal Vision meets or exceeds all patient expectations during their interactions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain role as main point of contact for all aspects of Notal Vision’s ForeseeHome Monitoring program.
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills and varied communication styles to correspond effectively with all patient groups.
- Answer incoming and perform outbound calls based on program and requirements.
- Ensure production standards of inbound and outbound call volumes are met and exceeded.
- Document all patient and practice interactions in customer relationship management (CRM) system and electronic medical record (EMR) systems.
- Ensure personal and departmental queues within CRM are current and managed.
- Provide accurate, comprehensive, and detail-oriented documentation related to customer interactions.
- Ability to understand and translate information to patients related to medical insurance.
- Work as a liaison between patients/families, physicians, and insurance organizations.
- Strive to ensure the highest quality experience for all parties involved.
- Leading and performing administrative functions requiring in depth knowledge of Notal Vision’s program and services.
- Balancing varying responsibilities concurrently while adhering to timely deadlines.
- Maintain and manage personal schedule and coverage to ensure the call center is fully staffed to meet patient needs.
- Proficient computer skills are required.
- Strong customer service skills, ability to multi-task in a fast volume environment, and a great attitude are a must.
- Work on additional ancillary projects as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Reports into Department: Engagement Center
- Supervisor: Coordinator, Customer Experience & Engagement Center
- Works closely with all Notal Vision Diagnostic Clinic departments and management.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
· High School Diploma or GED required and two years of previous experience such as customer service, administrative, or experience in a health care setting. Bachelor’s preferred.
· 2+ years’ experience in a health care call center or medical front office environment.
· Retina Specialist, Ophthalmology or Optometry office experience, preferred.
· Medical terminology understanding, required.
· Medical insurance terminology, preferred.
· Must have the ability to establish confidence and trust with patients.
· Must have the ability to remain calm and professional under pressure or stress and provide empathy and compassion in difficult interpersonal situations.
· Must have the ability to provide excellent customer service, communication, telephone, and grammar skills.
· Knowledge of insurance plans and coverage is preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
· Ability to perform as part of a team as well as work independently.
· Strong time management skills and the ability to have high accuracy when entering in patient information.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is required to sit for a large part of the work day; continuously using a computer to document or to access information, as well as speaking with internal and/or external customers on the telephone; consistently use repetitive motions of the neck, shoulders, arms, elbows, hands, wrists and fingers while using a personal computer, electronic mouse, telephone headset, fax machines, computer keyboard, and other automated equipment; use hands and fingers to finger, handle, reach for, or feel papers and materials throughout the work day; commit to memory and repeat upon demand detailed information regarding product(s) and services; read from a computer monitor throughout the work day; close vision, the ability to focus, and color vision are required; disseminate to and solicit from customers and other staff detailed information; concentrate intensely for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Medical office: 2 years (Required)
Company: Notal Vision, Inc. – 4.6
Company Location: Manassas, VA