Patient Registrar – WEST, ER Job at The Queen’s Medical Center – 3.9 in Hawaii
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Receives and interviews patients and/or the responsible guarantors to obtain accurate and complete demographics and financials. Ensures that the Medical Center has met government and third party payor guidelines required for reimbursement. Provides general information and admission information to customers and healthcare providers as requested.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Essential: standing, sitting, walking, stooping/bending, walking on uneven ground, squatting, twisting body, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds, pushing/pulling usual weight of 150 pounds up to 250 pounds, reaching at and below shoulder level, repetitive arm/hand motions, frequent gripping of an object. Occasional: kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs, reaching above shoulder level. Operates telephone, facsimile, computer, copier, printer, pneumatic tube system, credit card swipe, wheelchair, portable computer/stand.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions. May be exposed to communicable diseases in patient care area. Work is fast paced and is frequently stressful due to census, patient account types and timeframes. Subjected to noise and/or vibration within the patient care areas.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Education/Certification and Licensure:
1. High school diploma or equivalent education to demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing required.
2. Knowledge of automated systems and computer applications with demonstrated proficiency in using a mouse and keyboard.
3. Ability to perform 7,200 adjusted keystrokes per hour.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
1. Prior experience in a health care facility, physician’s office, insurance or customer service.
2. Experience with Windows operating system and software applications, such as Word, Excel, etc.
3. Experience with computer based applications, SMS and/or EPIC systems preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
Company: The Queen’s Medical Center – 3.9
Company Location: Hawaii