Pharmaceutical Microbiologist Job at Mondelēz International in Reading
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
The role at Scientist I is to be responsible for performing a range of routine and investigative analyses ensuring that projects are completed effectively and meet the customer’s contractual agreements. Perform microbiological analysis and report work in accordance with the quality standards. This role focuses on the analysis of products using techniques such as those found in the pharmacopoeias, as well as validation and method development. Supervise and train junior members of the team as required. Occasional client contact and administrative support for laboratory management.
1. Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
2. Perform a range of routine analysis using pharmacopoeial methods under minimal supervision of a senior member of staff.
3. Perform method validation following protocols.
4. Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
5. Perform transcription checking for factual data (e.g. reagents) and review projects on LIMS
6. Be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory’s LIMS system, Q-Pulse, Pyros EQS software etc.
7. Provide training in routine activities and methods.
8. Take responsibility as required for elements of specific projects and/or specific areas of general laboratory/sample administration
Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
Communication & Influence
Work as part of an efficient analytical team
Participate in the preparation of client quotes
Deliver internal presentations across groups
Leadership and supervision
1. Supervise and train a junior member of the team as required.
Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are are understood and followed
To complete assigned quanlity actions on a timely manner
Assist with the documentation of SOPs for simple equipment and tests and generation of Risk Assesments and COSHH
4. To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
5. To understand and work to the requirements of GMP.
6. Ensure training records are accurate.
Experience of using microbiological analyses and related quality assurance eg aseptic techniques
Relevant scientific degree degree or equivalent laboratory experience.
Communication skills to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients.
Pharmaceutical industry knowledge.
Experience of working in a regulated environment
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful international business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107
Company: Mondelēz International
Company Location: Reading