Prep Chef/Line Cook Job at Phantom Creek Estates – in Oliver, BC
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the prep cook will contribute to food preparation, learn new cooking techniques and methods, and how to professionally work in a restaurant kitchen.
- Prepare and cook food for charcuterie boards and canape tasting for the tasting room.
- Putting away food orders that come into the restaurant.
- Helping with dishwashing and keeping the kitchen clean and organized.
Innovation, learning, and growth
- The opportunity to work and learn under Chefs that have worked in some of the best restaurants in Canada and New York City.
- Opportunity to work at one of Canada’s newest high-end winery.
- Depending on the level of experience, will start with more basic tasks of processing fresh fruit and vegetables, portioning cheeses for cheese boards, and will be trained to take on more cooking tasks once meeting expectations of original tasks.
- Will be expected to read and understand recipes.
- Elements of restaurant service work when there are private event parties at the winery. (ex. assisting in prepping and plating for larger groups of people at a time)
- Enrolled or graduated from Culinary School.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to get to and from work.
- Must be Food Safe certified.
- Wine knowledge or interest a bonus.
- Capable of performing moderate physical activities, including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 40 lbs. in weight.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
Enhanced Sanitation, Traffic Control, Separation of departments, Adhering to all provincial guidelines.
- Secondary School (required)
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
Company: Phantom Creek Estates –
Company Location: Oliver, BC