Press Assistant Job at Tradeprint – in Dundee
Innovative, Creative and Progressive, not words you would normally associate with a historic industry like print but we like to do things a little differently at Tradeprint and we hope you do too!
We are a technology-led, trade printer based in Dundee, UK. As part of the Cimpress group, the largest print manufacturer in the world, we are leading the way in mass customisation. Using Ecommerce as our primary route to market, we’re here to change the print world, and you can help us!
With exciting plans for fast growth, we are always looking to add more dedicated, passionate and dynamic people to our remarkable team. To achieve our ambitious goals, we empower our people and they drive the business forward with creativity, enthusiasm and a fierce determination to delight our customers.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- A benefits package including a health cash plan
- Opportunities for development and progression
- Fun perks including birthday treats, anniversary awards and social events
About the Role:
As a press assistant, your duties are varied and will include the below. Some of these duties will involve a rota which will be drawn up separately. These tasks are not in any order and will vary as required.
Typical Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. With the help of the press operator identify tile-ups that are to be printed.
2. Bend plates (1 at a time), and store alongside the press, always ensure plates are handled with care. Scratching plates causes re-prints!
3. Always use gloves when handling plates, plates have sharp edges wearing gloves will prevent cuts.
4. Load plates with care, ensuring the correct plate is loaded into the correct unit
5. Dispose of used plates in metal cages provided, ensure these used plates do not protrude beyond the edge of the cage.
6. Communicate with press operator, ensure paper is prepared for current job and next 2 jobs, leave paper wrapped until needed
7. Paper is best stored wrapped, without climate or humidity control paper left unwrapped can distort.
8. Remove printed pallets to the correct area, ensuring there is an identifying sign and tile-up sheet on top. The signs must be dated and timed.
9. Change ink barrels when lights flash above pumping station. Ensure you leave all tools in cabinet, the inner lining is removed and put into the outside skip, and the used drum stored outside.
10. Keep the ink station tidy, a rota has been produced to schedule maintenance. Do not leave obstacles in front of the fire escape.
11. Keep the press free from hazards; lay pallets flat, look for obstruction, put tools and consumables away.
12. Assist printer with end of shift clean and weekly maintenance.
13. Remove consumables to correct areas, do not leave consumables out of stored areas.
14. Fill up areas with chemicals as required; Water; blanketwash; IPA; Fount. DO NOT MIX, ask if unsure, return to store after use.
15. Clean presses as per the schedule and for your defined area.
16. General housekeeping: Ensure pallets are returned to their correct position and are not stored higher than waist high, consumables are in the correct areas, and an end of shift clean is performed.
· Sweep around the press
· Empty bins at press
· Return plate boxes to plateroom
· Leave plates bent for next shift
This role offers a great opportunity to grow and develop as the company achieves its ambitious goals. If you feel that you would thrive within our fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment, this could be the role for you!
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in a similar role and have:
- An enthusiastic approach
- Fantastic communication skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- A desire to be efficient and resolve issues quickly and thoroughly
It would be great if the successful candidate had experience in the following areas:
- Experience in the print industry would be advantageous
This role is a permanent full-time role, based in our Dundee factory. In this role, you will work 40 hours a week, in a range of shift patterns between 10pm Sunday, and 10pm Friday.
If this sounds like an environment in which you could flourish, please get in touch. To apply, please send a CV and a brief cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9,609.60-£18,532.80 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Company: Tradeprint –
Company Location: Dundee